Sign in to follow this  
Roger55

New aircraft

Now with FS2004 and CFS there were sites where you could down load exta AC. these could be fliable or AI additions. Flightsim.com, for example, was where I got my Dehavilland mail plane. Some textures were also there to load into the sim with instructions on what files needed to be modified.scratch_one-s_head.gif

Is there a site for OFF stuff. I see what looks like a list of "skins" (texture mapping was not one of the things I mastered) on this site, but I wouldn't know how to go about installing any.

scratch_one-s_head.gif

Anyway I haven't been here from day one because the OFF was far in excess of what my old Puter could do.

Up at the top of this forum, under the Combat Ace logo, you'll see the word DOWNLOAD. Hit that, go to the OFF aircraft section, and you'll find quite a few of them, mostly from Stumpjumper.

Roger, in the "downloads" you find a skin section.

Download the skin(s) you want, unpack it by right-click on the file;

then add the file here:

(game folder) > campaigns > campaign data > skins

Well I looked over the files carefully yesterday. Not many Francophiles about.

Now having other MS Sims I know a little about how AC are constructed. I can build a wire frame nor paint a skin. It's hard to do, if you have the programs necessary.

But it is a shame that the Moranes L (Parasol) and N (Bullet) are not there so the French can fly in late 1915 when the "Fokker scorge" starts as I remember. Also Those Caudron and Farmen scout/bombers from 1915 are not there.

Lots of DR1 skins. Lots of DR1 fans I suppose.

Well I looked over the files carefully yesterday. Not many Francophiles about.

Now having other MS Sims I know a little about how AC are constructed. I can build a wire frame nor paint a skin. It's hard to do, if you have the programs necessary.

But it is a shame that the Moranes L (Parasol) and N (Bullet) are not there so the French can fly in late 1915 when the "Fokker scorge" starts as I remember. Also Those Caudron and Farmen scout/bombers from 1915 are not there.

Lots of DR1 skins. Lots of DR1 fans I suppose.

They are coming!...but with only two modellers on the OBD team (who have got lives too!)...it will be a while yet... but they will arrive :good:

Heck I know how tough it is to model shapes.

My brother teaches art and he builds virtual models for his students to draw. He got tired of dragging in manikins and such stuff. It took two months to build 2 models with different poses at five different ages of their lives, and another month to clothe them in different outfits, and he was slaving at nothing else.

His stupid department chair just said that the computer did all the work, and that he should have them draw magazine pictures instead i.e. violate copyright.

If you have just two people working on the project they have quite a job in front of them. I remember teams 3 and 4 working on aftermarket AC for FS2004. There was a Constellation projest that never got finished as I remember. Plenty of repaints but models were at about 1 to 5 or 6 repaints.