Sign in to follow this  
Wraith27

Russian AA missiles

Hello! Sorry for posting on your forum but only You can answer my questions :grin:

First: I found this picture -I think it's Su-15TM but I never heard that it can be armed with 4 R-60 missile on APU-60-2. Is it true and this loadout was used in line or this is only a trick in museum? (I think that this picture was taken in museum...)

post-20260-12526035821442_thumb.jpg

And the second riddle:

What is R-33S missile?

I see it in Lindr2's "Big weapon pack". In my knowledge (since 1995 till May this year) R-33S missile was created after Adolf Tolkaczow's treason -it was in 1985 so the missile start service before 1990(?) .It was only a modification of R-33 -something like R-40RD was created after Belenko escape. It has only one differnce in external view- four small stabilizers on the nose.

But in May in polish magazine "Lotnictwo" I red something else: R-33S missile is a nuclear version of R-33... :blink::blink::blink::blink: How it look's? I made small mod for Krizis's R-33 model -it has four small stabilizers on the nose and the wings are moved forward:

post-20260-12526044419393_thumb.jpg

And some intereting picture for the end: MiG-23 prototype with 4 R-23 missiles -does serial version can do this?

post-20260-12526045864582_thumb.jpg

Thanks!

Edited by CIACHO

This ""strange"" missile seems the common R-98MT (AA-3 Anab), a standard weapon for the Su-15.

No No No Guys!!!! It's imposible that You don't have answer for this questions!!! If You don't have it so who?!?!?!?! <FRUSTRATION> ... ... ... :alcoholic:

Don't panic I was so busy, sorry

Su-15TM - can use R-60 ,with APU-60 & APU-60-II this racks is compatible.

R-33S is Active Homing version of R-33, because R-33 is 'Advanced' SAHM, {MIG-31 can use 4 missiles on 4 target by fast Radar beam auto-switching one by one, it's possible with electronic scaning radar type}

MiG-23: not possible, it's just reclame picture, in RL mig-23 will be stopped instantly after launch fuselage mounted R-23 on this position.

Edited by lindr2

Thanks Lindr2 !

But does R-33S looks that same like R-33? And what about nuclear warheads for R-33 -is it avaible?