Sign in to follow this  

Hi, I have a graphics -related question....( actually more than one :-) )

I have the latest DirectX9 on my laptop, but in the game folder I find only some DirectX8wrap.dll ...I don't really understand...Secondly, I can't get the water surface look like in some videos on youtube, I already tried changing values in the config file, but no result....In game the landscape detail "perfect" option is not available...so...Don't know....is there a water effects mod or sg like that ? I have IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 with 4.09 mod and unified installer...any idea is more than welcome . Thank You :-)

The perfect water options require a video chip capable of doing it. You didn't say what your laptop's video specs are, but that has a great bearing on it. If it's an Intel of whatever type, it will never work. If you have an ATI or nvidia, it might. In fact, I believe the highest water options are nvidia-only, at least they used to be, even though the ATI cards could do it.

Having DX9 installed doesn't mean your video hardware supports everything DX9 supports.

Ok, bad news, but thanks for the info...I asked, because I had Pacific Fighters installed once and the water looked better in my memories :-)...I was wrong :-)....

By the way, is there any value set for the keyboard sensitivity ( I know , it's blasphemy to play with keyboard, but.....) in the config file ? I haven't found one...

Honestly I have no idea as I've never even attempted to fly the game with a keyboard! :grin: I've been using a joystick with my flight sims since my 386 in 1991!

Back with couple more questions :-) ...

I have installed the old 4.09 mod.version with the AAA com. installer, there is this 6Dof thing, I know, it gives the player the ability to move around the cockpit with the mouse, kinda substitute for trackir, but I probably missed a step somewhere, can't use this feature...maybe there's some other mod that needs to be downloaded ? Or there is an activation key-combination ? Couldn't find out yet :-) thanks...