Sign in to follow this  
Von Paulus

OT.. Dogfight Dixon R.F.C.

Oh my lord!..I haven't seen them! (though at 47 yrs old, I would have been at the peak time for those!)

I used to get 'Battle Picture Library' and 'Commando' comic books, and loved them hugely!! (if only I had kept them!) :salute:

I can tell you the entire story of this one!..I read it sooo many times!!

The final scene was of his Captain and his Brother standing over his dead body.... the Captain says "He tried to rule by his gun...but let the Gun rule him"

Goodness yes..it was a great story...He had a much more handsome brother, who was good at everything...and he was crap at everything..then the war started, they both joined the same Infantry regiment...and the dopey one was given a rifle...he was an amazingly good marksman...the pride of the regiment!...but he began to enjoy this new found power over life and death!...he started Killing for personal pleasure...and it ends up (if I remember correctly) with a dual between him, and a German Marksman who's Brother he had killed, whilst the German had spared his brother!...the German Marksman kills him!...wicked stuff!!!!!

OMG...I am 7 years old again!!!!!!! :grin:

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

You little so and so Von Paulus!!!... I have HAD to order 7 books now!!!!...My Wife is going to go utterly Mental!!!! :grin:

You little so and so Von Paulus!!!... I have HAD to order 7 books now!!!!...My Wife is going to go utterly Mental!!!! :grin:

You're not alone on that. I've order a CD that have all the covers scanned from Dogfight and Battler Britton Portuguese editions. :grin:

As for the wife I'll not tell her because she really don't understand my nostalgic needs.

She, sometimes, already thinks that I'm just grown up kid. :pilotfly:

This would bring out some fuel for future arguing. :heat: