Sign in to follow this  
tallyman

New to OFF-need MP fix

Just got the game -installed and patched-runs great,and geting good FPS too(50-60)-but cant get into MP It goes right thru the stages to "contact"- and then I get error message "cfs3 has stopped working".Only other thing i need is how to get that config screen where there is a list of tick boxes?i got the graphics set up (all on 5) from workshop ok. i am on Vista32......Thx guys ,appreciateany help-looks like a very enjoyable sim.I got RoF too--great scenery,but still not sure about the gameplay...we'll see........

Hi Tally, i'am not the man for mp set up but i had the same problem so try this, go to

C Drive/OBDsoftware

CFSWW1 overflandersfields

Scroll down to you get to CFS3MP.exe Right click

goto properties,compatability,and set it for windows xp service pack 2

hope this helps it did for me, if not theres alot better people than me who will sort you out....

Edited by Red-Dog

Tallyman,

Follow Red-Dog's instructions and the executable will run fine however, Mickeysoft decommissioned the CFS3 MP servers a while back. You'll have to join in one of the 'private' games (hosted from a player's PC) we run ourselves.

Jump on to the Blake Haze TeamSpeak server and talk to anyone there and we'll help you get setup properly for MP.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Vasco :pilotfly:

Hi Guys--Thx for that --yup it worked-itried to log in on old CFS account,but(naturally) that didn't work and somehow could not create new account-but will have another go.Didn't look like anyone was there anyway.I still can't find that config with the tick boxes,must be in that OFF folder is it?Hope to see y'all in the MP soon.

Ijust got the "Blueray" DVD "Red Baron"--very good.

Tallyman,

CFS accounts no longer work, nor can you set up a new one. If you want to find a multiplayer game, log on to the Black Haze teamspeak server and grab anybody there.

Vasco :pilotfly:

Hi Tally, try this for your tick boxe's, goto the workshop screen and press Graphics config.

Then click file then custom settings.Then click on the window at the top

Thit should get you this screen.

hope this helps.

when you are trying to get into multiplayer,,,you have to deselct the box that says "register my game with cfs gamematch"...or something close to that...

give me a time and date,,and ill do my best to get on teamspeak and help you get started........im in boston (edt)

Thx for all that --give it all a try later on--and thx again for all being so helpful

Ok --found the tick box,but where is that"register my game with CFS gamematch"--and me not got teamspeak yet,but we gradually winning here!!....... :declare:

Hi Tally, are you able to fly now, if so i will PM you my ip address and we can try and get you online flying?

Hi Tally, what you need to do is click on MP in the main screen and you should get this up.

Then click start/fly and you will get this.

Then click the medal with MP on it to get this.

Now click join private game and you can add a ip address and press ok and you should be in.

There is no Cfs3 server anymore so you can only play private games,which the chaps on this forum sort out every week.

If you want to test this PM me and i will send you my IP address.

You can see by this post that Teamspeaks alot easier to use to sort things out.

Keep the faith

All the best Red-Dog

Hi Tally, well thats it for me i can't host until i figure out how to do ( PORT FORWARDING yikes.gif ) so i will leave it up to one of the boy's who know what their doing.If you see " Sitting duck / Vasco / Ax " on line i'am sure they would take you to the next level as they all host anyway. Salute.gifSalute.gif

Edited by Red-Dog

Hi Red-iwasjust messin around and got the old CFS3 MP interface-think it was summat to do with unchecking"publish my game" thing.Anyway my IP is 81 174.228.233.I flew around for a bit to see if anyon came in.well try it out later if we know a time schedule.........Meantime I'm messin with RoF !!..catch u later buddy.

tallyman,,,noon edt here,,,will watch forum as much as i can,,,if you put a game up let me know and ill try and join....

will be in a and out, and have work to do,,,so if i dont respond...just leave game up...

lol..ok..see your name at the bottom,,,so either you are watching this thread,,or you left with the page still up........

Hi Duck--Ok I go over now and leave the game up--you got my IP-so if you do manage to get in and I miss you,we could then do a schedule....ok goin now and set game up..catch you later and anybody else wants a try........

OK Duck--just read that tutorial-Phew!!-try again later

OK--done all the settings in the FOV-I am patched right upto superpatch and the mini--I see you tried again--send me your IP and try it that way......

tallyman,,im working on some missions...so will be about an hour before i can get online,,that ok?