Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

My only criticism of BHaH

"The map is inadequate???

What a revelation!!!

We had absolutely no idea."

Well Shred, the point of this thread, unless I'm much mistaken was to offer constructive criticism of BH&H and to suggest improvements. I'm sure you're aware what a pain the current map is, and I'd very much like to know why it is such an obstacle. I'm mostly growed up and have spent the last 20 years in IT in various roles, so I think I can probably handle some technical details as to why it's such a bugbear, if you'd be so kind.

TIA,

Si

Winder is working on it, and that's all I can say. As usual, no promises, but we're optimistic.

Cheers,

shredward

Shred,

Thanks for that - I certainly trust you chaps, so if you say it's being addressed, that'll do nicely for me.

Scout,

Well - live and learn, eh? I never knew that, and I've been flying OFF since the beginning of the year, more or less. Thank you for posting that little gem: if it doesn't make sticky status I'll want to know why!

Actually very glad I started this thread, cos I didnt suss the map thing either!

I've got one or two gripes about BH&H, but the main one that annoys me beyond reason is that damn map. It's either too large or too small, dependent upon the mission, but either way it's singularly lacking in relevant detail - town names, prominent rivers, land features, etc - which makes lodging claims rather more difficult and guesswork than it really should be.

I believe you can hover or click your mouse over the aerodrome crosses on the in-game map and they will display a pop-up name of the aerodrome. This will assist some in locating kills for claims.

Well, thanks to everyone who's posted additional bits and bobs regarding maps (and the use thereof).

It's this sort of thing that tends to get OFFers a good reputation for being helpful souls. I will now slope off and actually try some of the tips passed on here, whilst looking at the maps that Al linked to. Thank you everyone.

All I need now is about a grand to spend on a f*** off PC rig, and I think I'm good to go...

Night all!