Sign in to follow this  
Spectre8750

War For Israel Campaign For SF2,SF2:E,SF2:V and SF2:I

It should work fine Biggus with any of those titles, especially if you have SF2 Israel since you need the Middle East Terrain.

The Israel Terrain is the main requirement. Will work with the Old or New Israel Terrain. Just fallow Instructions.

ace888

Yeah it only works with Stock terrains only, but can be the SF1 IsraelME.cat. anyone who has a SF2 game just follow instructions exactly and have Either the new stock IsraelME.cat Or the Older SF1 IsraelMe.cat in the New Strike Fighters 2 "Main" not "Mod" Terrains Folder and it will work fine. example below

C:\Program Files (x86)\ThirdWire\Strike Fighters 2\Terrains\IsraelME.CAT

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Mod Directory should look like this:

C:\Users\Spectre8750\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 WarForIsrael\Terrains\IsraelME <--------Folder

with only these modded files for the Campaign in it listed below:

IsraelME.INI

IsraelME_DATA.INI

IsraelME_NATIONS.INI

IsraelME_TARGETS.INI

IsraelME_TYPES.INI

hope this clears it up

Hello Spectre8750,

Any news on an update or your Korea Campaign?

Just want to make sure I haven't missed something?

Thanks

Hi TurtleHawk

Yes i'm finishing up the update right now for SF2:WFI i'm finished with SF2:Korea, just need to finish the ReadMe. I still need a few permisions for model usage.

watch for the WFI update really soon next day or so.

SF2:War For Israel 1.01F is posted. Several fixes including the A-10A running off the Runway in auto pilot when starting the mission, and cockpit fixes too.

Edited by Spectre8750

Thank you, sir.

I really enjoy this modern campaign.

Is your SF2: Korea historic or modern?

Historic But easy to make a modern version.

Edited by Spectre8750

A modern version would be great.

I still have the SF Modern Korea Campaign on my drive.

I am not to good with computers but I cant seem to make this pack work all the way.

I download the file (including the update), extract the files (seeing how they are 7-zip). I have SF2:E and SF2:I in a merged install and the new Exp 1 for SF2:I installed. I have followed the read me step by step but when I run the copied and re-named exe file (StrikeFighters2WarForIsrael.exe) after I put the "Strike Fighters 2 Main Dir" into the SF2 Main Dir as you say in the read-me. I ran the renamed exe as you said and when SF2 started I had the WFI menu, backgrounds, and music and obviously none of the campaigns, planes and such. I close it, go back the original SF2 file and I cannot find a "new mod Dir" that the exe was supposed to create. So Im stuck. I have tried moving things around but to no avail. Any ideas? I have tried doing NATO Fighters 4+ and had the same problem. I cant even find an aircraft file for the stock planes. Sorry if this isnt detailed enough but like I said, I am not a computer guru but I have installed community addons to WOE, and Microsoft Flight Sim 2004 many many times.

I would really like to use this addon. I checked out the aircraft files in this download and my jaw dropped! You even have the UCAV X-47B! Looks and reads like this addon should top NATO Fighters.

wahubna

What operating system are you using? and i'll help you out.

Thanks

Spectre8750

wahubna

What operating system are you using? and i'll help you out.

Thanks

Spectre8750

That would be useful to know, I am using 32-bit Vista Service Pack 2.

That would be useful to know, I am using 32-bit Vista Service Pack 2.

Ok, The Mods Directory - In general this is the way the Strike Fighters 2 series uses mods. First with Vista and Win7 you want to copy and rename a SF2 exe file to create a new Mods dir. I'm using Win7 64 so it should be the same. For me i go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\ThirdWire\Strike Fighters 2" where the exe's are and copy "StrikeFighters2 Israel.exe" to a temp directory and rename it "StrikeFighters2 WarForIsrael.exe" and put it back in with the other exe's and add the "StrikeFighters2 WarForIsrael.ini" in the 7z file under "\Strike Fighters 2 Main Dir" with it that i supplied. Also place the "ModuleWFI.cat" in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\ThirdWire\Strike Fighters 2\Menu" and run the new "StrikeFighters2 WarForIsrael.exe" once and let SF2WFI open, may take a minute, then exit the Game. Now go to the "C:\Users\Spectre8750\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 WarForIsrael" for me Directory, Your's will have your name or logon name in place of Spectre8750 after Users. This is the Mods Directory. You'll see the other Game versions in the ThirdWire Dir. We want to edit the new "C:\Users\Spectre8750\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 WarForIsrael" Dir.

Go into "C:\Users\YourName\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 WarForIsrael\Objects\Aircraft" Directory and delete all the planes in that directory and make sure you leave the Aircraft directory intact. Now all you need to do is drop the subdirectory contents of the 7z file "\ThirdWire Mod Dir\StrikeFighters2WarForIsrael\" <------the subdirectories under here in the 7z file into the Mods root Directory. and overwrite any files and Folders in the "C:\Users\YourName\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 WarForIsrael" directory. keep the options.ini file in the root of "C:\Users\YourName\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 WarForIsrael" intact from when you first ran the Mod named exe. If you ever run a patch to update the Sim - back up the modded directory and do the same process we just did here. Whenever the game is patched You'll need to rename the new patched "StrikeFighters2 Israel.exe" again to "StrikeFighters2 WarForIsrael.exe" and run it to get a newly patched Mod and it will probably put all the stock aircraft back in the Mod Aircraft Dir. So back it up run the newly patched and renamed exe then delete the stock planes again in the Mod Dir and move the backed Mod files back over, just don't overwrite the new option.ini or when you run the mod it will create a new on again and put stock aircraft back in the SF2WFI Mod Aircraft Directory.

Hope this Helps

Message me for any help any time.

Spectre8750

This is a great Campaign.

I cannot get any Carriers. Is anyone else having this problem? Any ideas?

Thanks

woojay

X:\Users\Yourname\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 WarForIsrael\Objects\GroundObject\CVA-63 for Windows 7 and Vista or

X:\Documents and Settings\Yourname\My Documents\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 WarForIsrael\Objects\GroundObject\CVA-63 For Windows XP should be there. You will only get Carriers in Campaign mode.

Spectre8750

Thank you for the response Spectre8750

I know I have the Carriers in the game. I fly off of them in the Vietnam campaign.

However, when I do a navy campaign in War for Isreal there is no carrier and the planes are

sitting in the sea. I cannot figure out why my system does not see them.

I have gone in and checked and all seems right.

So for now I will fly out of bases.

Thank you! Also, seems like the Expansion Pack 1 put out by Thirdwire doesnt work with this mod. Made my sim crash. So I re-installed and left out the exp 1 and all is well. Oh well, Ill give up the handful of 1950's era planes and weapons for a huge amount of current/future aircraft and weapons! Amazing aircraft selection, but where is the F-22? Seemed like an odd thing to leave out seeing how that bird is the premier fighter of the USAF. Still, good job!

CVN75 is the Carrier i actually use for the Campaign sorry for forgetting, but you should have that Directory with all the files in it including the LOD's. it should work.

I've reinstalled several times and it allways shows up. and the campaign file has that Carrier file for the U.S.

[CarrierUnit001]

CarrierType=CVN75

CarrierNumber=74

UnitName=CVN-74 USS John C. Stennis

ForceID=1

Nation=USN

BaseArea=Task Force 1

NumSquadron=5

BaseSize=MEDIUM

Experience=100

Morale=100

Supply=100

Tour[01].Start=05/2012

Tour[01].End=12/2015

[CarrierUnit002]

CarrierType=CVN75

CarrierNumber=75

UnitName=CVN-75 USS Harry S Truman

ForceID=1

Nation=USN

BaseArea=Task Force 2

NumSquadron=5

BaseSize=MEDIUM

Experience=100

Morale=100

Supply=100

Tour[01].Start=05/2012

Tour[01].End=12/2015

[CarrierUnit003]

CarrierType=CVN75

CarrierNumber=76

UnitName=CVN-76 USS Ronald Reagan

ForceID=1

Nation=USN

BaseArea=Task Force 3

NumSquadron=5

BaseSize=MEDIUM

Experience=100

Morale=100

Supply=100

Tour[01].Start=05/2012

Tour[01].End=12/2015

[CarrierUnit004]

CarrierType=CVN75

CarrierNumber=77

UnitName=CVN-69 USS Dwight D. Eisenhower

ForceID=1

Nation=USN

BaseArea=Task Force 4

NumSquadron=5

BaseSize=MEDIUM

Experience=100

Morale=100

Supply=100

Tour[01].Start=05/2012

Tour[01].End=12/2015

One More Thing, if anyone is using different IsraelMe set you will need my Terrain INI's for the Carriers and targets to show up correctly. put the new terrain in the Mods terrain dir and use my mods Terrain INI's.

Spectre8750

Edited by Spectre8750

Thanks for the help. I reinstalled it and it works great!! This campaign is incredible.