Sign in to follow this  
Rodster

New to Off Phase 3, questions?

Hi everyone, well I broke down and purchased OFF P3 from the store and I hope it lives up to the hype because all i've read is glowing reviews and comments. I do have a few questions:

1) Where can I find the DVD/Ubisoft version CFS3? I contacted GoGamer and i'm waiting for a reply. It appears both eBay and Amazon have the CD version.

2) If I can't find the DVD version of CFS3, is it true that you can run a mission in CFS3 then exit and you no longer need the CD present to run OFF P3?

3) What if any updates does OFF P3 need?

4) If I were to buy HiTR expansion can I burn it to CD for later installation?

Thanks for reading. :)

Hi everyone, well I broke down and purchased OFF P3 from the store and I hope it lives up to the hype because all i've read is glowing reviews and comments. I do have a few questions:

1) Where can I find the DVD/Ubisoft version CFS3? I contacted GoGamer and i'm waiting for a reply. It appears both eBay and Amazon have the CD version.

2) If I can't find the DVD version of CFS3, is it true that you can run a mission in CFS3 then exit and you no longer need the CD present to run OFF P3?

3) What if any updates does OFF P3 need?

4) If I were to buy HiTR expansion can I burn it to CD for later installation?

Thanks for reading. :)

Welcome Rodster, you're in for a great time

1. Try googling with the phrase "Exclusive Combat Flight Simulator 3"

If you're in Europe or South Africa, you should find something local

North America, you need to get lucky on ebay

2. CD version needs to be in the drive at all times

3. Click on the banner link above, find the download section BH&H patch is 1. 32 I think

HitR has a 1.46 patch to download

4. Yep, worked for me

HTH,

Edited by Duce Lewis

Thanks Duce and uncleal, I appreciate the replies. Now the hunt is on for a DVD copy. Btw check out this link and tell me if you think this could be a DVD version?

http://www.gogamer.c...0VVviewprod.htm

Sorry, It's the CD Version

They'll uually say PC/CD or PC/DVD to differentiate

Ubisoft DVD version has a White Stripe vertically on the left hand side of the box

It'll say "Exclusive" in that stripe

I've done extensive searches for the DVD version

Even sent several emails to Ubisoft ...they never responded

As I said above, only places I've ever found it were in Europe and South Africa

Just so you'll know for later, and you won't need to ask.

In roughly 2004, Microsoft told the OFF Devlopers, 'You may utilize CFS3 for FREE, with the proviso that a Legal Licenced Disc is in "D", all the time the patch is used' PERIOD

That Proviso is still in effect today

Ah, ok thanks. Well I ordered a copy from Newegg.com the Valuesoft edition. Out of curiosity why was the DVD edition not required to be present when starting OFF?

I emailed GoGamer and asked them if they are selling the DVD version? This is their response:

"Hello,

Correct this item comes in a DVD Format."

When I enlarge the front cover it says it's on CD format. I'd hate to order it then have to return it.

fullsize.jpg

Thank you

Simon Jaroudi

Gogamer.com

11 Rancho cir.

Lake Forest , Ca , 92630

Ph. 888-948-9661

Fax.949-609-1684

Rodster,

Believe me, it's not a problem having to have the CFS3 CD in the drive. I suspect most of us are in that position, and it's never caused me a problem.

As long as your PC can handle OFF - see elsewhere for tips and hints to get the best performance - then you should grab the cheapest copy of CFS3 you can to enable you to get started.

Once you've had a chance to get repeatedly slaughtered, er, sorry, get into the sim, then you'll wonder why you didn't take the plunge sooner.

As a final aside, I can strongly recommend not only CombatAce and its splendid inhabitants, but also the multiplayer aspects of OFF.

As the new guy, you are, of course, expected to buy the beer...

Cheers,

Si

Here's what you're looking for

For a short time Microsoft stopped producing cfs3 and licensed it to Ubisoft

Ubisoft then made the only DVD version

Microsoft then decided to resume production rights and returned to the original CD version

Note the "PC/DVD ROM" and "Ubisoft" on this case

Sorry, best picture I could find

post-45814-12626471212032.jpg

Edited by Duce Lewis

Rodster,

Believe me, it's not a problem having to have the CFS3 CD in the drive. I suspect most of us are in that position, and it's never caused me a problem.

As long as your PC can handle OFF - see elsewhere for tips and hints to get the best performance - then you should grab the cheapest copy of CFS3 you can to enable you to get started.

Once you've had a chance to get repeatedly slaughtered, er, sorry, get into the sim, then you'll wonder why you didn't take the plunge sooner.

As a final aside, I can strongly recommend not only CombatAce and its splendid inhabitants, but also the multiplayer aspects of OFF.

As the new guy, you are, of course, expected to buy the beer...

Cheers,

Si

I know it's that I just hate having to swap out discs since I have soooo many games that's why once I buy a game I search for the no cd crack. I did buy a copy from Newegg.com for a tenner. I would like to give the online a go but i'm not very good and i'd probably have to buy a brewery with all of the beer i'd have to dole out.

:drinks:

Thanks for the pic Duce :good:

Edited by Rodster