Sign in to follow this  
ONETINSOLDIER

windows 7 and hyperlobby

I keep getting an error that says I cant write files while installing hyperlobby. Is there a compatability issue?

yes, im logged in as admin.

Same here tried to install on saturday

tonight i'll try compatability mode

also have had issues with rainbow six las vegas playing online

When you install, make sure you right click on the .exe and choose "Run as Administrator". Some also say to install in your main (C:) drive, not Program Files. Additionally, when you get it installed open the Hyperlobby Pro3/Skins/Default folder and open SKIN.INI with notepad. Choose CTRL H which will bring up the find and replace prompt. In the "Find What" box type in ... (that's 3 periods), then in the "Replace" box type in .. (that's 2 periods). Choose OK. For some reason the INI file gets corrupted with the 3 periods and the GUI on Hyperlobby doesn't show any of the buttons or the ping graphics. This fixes it.

Edited by Ruggbutt

It has to be something with your user permissions, mine saved right off the bat. Go into properties and uncheck the read only box.

You need to be logged into the Admin account and give admin permissions to HL.

arent i logged in as admin by default? and how do i give a program admin priveleges?

i hate to sound like a noob , since ive run every windows OS there is, but why wont 7 let hamachi connect?

im seriously considering dumping 7 for xp

To run as administrator right click on the program's icon, choose properties. Under the Shortcut tab choose the Advanced button. Check the box for Run as Administrator. Don't close the window. Choose Compatibility tab. At the bottom under Privilege Level choose the box for Run as Administrator.

You can choose to turn off UAC which causes many of these problems but it's supposed to make your computer less secure. I recommend you read up on Admin Priveliges for Windows 7, do a Google search. There are lots of answers out there. Win 7 is a bit confusing but once you get used to it you'll like it. I like it as much as I liked XP.

As for Hamachi I don't use it so the only thing I can say is run Hamachi with Administrator priveliges. You may have to tell Windows Firewall to allow Hamachi out and you may even have to choose the correct port numbers to open. Again, Google will help you with answers to do this.

Edited by Ruggbutt