Sign in to follow this  
charlielima

My latest AP-2h Data and Avionics

OK group this is what I have now to take ChampionsVA56s splendid "King of the Sea" feet dry as an AP-2H of VAH-21.

Avionics: Ground search radar, terrain avoidance from Monty CZs A6A / A6B.

LLTV from Daves(?) B-52s.

Guns: 2x20mm M39s from Capuns B-47, used same location from the B-47. Looks wrong with MAD stinger but quite effective as planners planned

2x40mm M129s, the closest match I could find. I used gun locations from column 5 A-4s.

This weapon was pointed down in real world but I didn't change that because I'm still trying to figure out how to change the gunsight and shooting angle. Way beyond my simple abilitys.

Bombay: Deleted. Ammo quantity for grenade launchers and tail guns adjusted to reflect

the payload for this location.

Weapons Pylons: Selection increased for variety. I didn't increase the max weapon wieght.

One can get greedy and make the plane way more capable then the actual AP-2H tho but I gave all y'all a head start here. Added TERs for a couple pylons for faster loading / easy counter balancing a 20mm gunpod.

Added IRM to one pylon as a place holder so if you get a 4 or 8 ship flight you can tack on some FJ, A-4s,or F-8s for some organic fighter cover with sidewinders. The F-8s don't seem to mind flying in formation at 250 kts with the P-2V. Unable to use SU-11 gunpods.

Chaff and Flares: Added the Decoy launcher from Wrench that he coached me into placing in my Razbam SPAD. I didn't change the location it looks right. I have no knowledge if AP-2Hs had these.

ECM: Copied and pasted from Monty CZs AC-119 Stinger. I have no knowledge if AP-2Hs had ECM but this seemed to make sense to me.

Range: Shortened so you don't have to fly all the way from the gulf of Siam to go play with charley.

Capability or role: No change yet but I'm tempted to change to AircraftCapability=NIGHT_ONLY

I am not a modder but this is what I hacked together. I hope to see a "visual model" of the

AP-2H for WOV / SF. It looks quit striking in its night cami warpaint and the green OP-2Es look nice too. Hmm? AP-2Hs for Dhimar, US Army or CIA?

Feedback please.

V/R, CL

Edited by charlielima