Sign in to follow this  
CowboyTodd41

For You Jarheads

A movie based on the book "Jarhead!" I saw this on Cinescape today, it's going to be directed by Sam Mendes, the guy who did Road to Predition, and it's being written by William Broyles. Here's the clip for ya....

With it coming up on two years since the release of director Sam Mendes' last movie, ROAD TO PERDITION, the Oscar-winning Englishman has chosen Universal's Gulf War drama JARHEAD as his next film. Written by William Broyles (PLANET OF THE APES, CAST AWAY) and based on a non-fiction book by Anthony Swofford of his experiences of the 1991 war, the story is about one soldier's experiences of the first Iraq conflict and subsequent liberation of Kuwait. A Vietnam War veteran, Broyles wrote JARHEAD based on the soldier's day-to-day life rather than place its emphasis on all-out action.

Mendes wants to begin shooting the picture as soon as possible. Location scouting is underway and casting is taking place.

Courtesy of www.Cinescape.com

Edited by CowboyTodd41

That sounds good. I think I'd watch it. A few months ago, I rented this movie "Marines!", or something like that and was highly dissapointed. I still love Hearbreak Ridge and FMJ though. Everyone needs a Gunny like GySgt Highway. OOORAH

"My names GunnerySgt. Hiway and Im here to tell you that life as youve known it has come to an end! At 0:600 tommorrow morning, your ass is mine!"

I liked the Sgt Major too..."Hey Crotch rot! You gonna slurp my lifers' juice outta my own cup?"

Hiway," Yeah, guess I shoulda got shots first."

Hopefully Jarhead will be as...colorful... :D ;)

a HOO...and a RAH!