Sign in to follow this  
waco1937

Right or wrong

I bought, downloaded and installed First Eagles Gold combo pack. I flew once and then downloaded and tried to install the Nov 08 update. The install aborted. Was that the right order or was I wrong?

Are you sure the Nov 08 update hadn't already been incorporated into the original install?

FC

FC,

That's what I tried to find out in the readme's but couldn't find anything definitive. Could've missed something, though. A reinstall is always an option.

Well, run the game, I'm pretty sure somewhere in the splash screen is the date of the latest patch. I'd look for it except my install is heavily modded, including a whole new front end interface.

FC

Found this in the patch Readme.

If you have purchased Expansion Pack 1, you should install the

Expansion Pack first before applying this Update.

I presumed that this same instruction would apply to the Gold combo pack Think I'll do a reinstall and see what happens.

The Gold combo pack includes the expansion pack. If you just bought the Gold pack...you should already be fully up to date. I don't think you need to patch.

FC

The Gold combo pack includes the expansion pack. If you just bought the Gold pack...you should already be fully up to date. I don't think you need to patch.

FC

To confirm:

The FE Gold Pak contains everything that is currant,FE(orig game)+ExpansionPak+

Nov'08 Update.Simply DL and add whatever 3rd party mods you want,would suggest

that you start with Peter01's latest FM's,which also include files that make all

the AI aircraft flyable.

Bwf.

To confirm, the version date should be in the lower right corner of the opening screen.

Thanx guys, you're absolutely right. I tried a new install and when I fired up the update, it started, stopped almost immediately and then said my installation was up to date. When I read on Third Wire's forum about installation sequence, TK had advised to install FE, then Xpansion pack, followed by the update. I never found anything about the update and the Gold pack. Too bad the release month of the Gold pack wasn't listed in the buy Store in Third Wire. Maybe that would've ended any confusion. But all's well that ends well. Date in the bottom RH corner is Nov 2008.

Yup, Bwf, it's now on to mods. I was intrigued by the thread and pix of Jan Tuma's landscape mods. More flyable aircraft is good, too. Do I have to run down mods for a VC after installing FMs? Have to learn all the keyboard commands, too.

Have to learn all the keyboard commands, too.

Keyboard commands??? I just use the trigger... :grin: