Sign in to follow this  
jg1234

Snap Views - OFF Phase 2

Hi Folks,

I have an old CH Flightstick - two buttons, a throttle - no hat switch. I am going to upgrade when I get some cash.

In the meantime I would like to enjoy OFF Phase 2.

I had three questions:

1.) In regards to snap views - Am I limited to the ones in Combat Flight Simulator 3 or can I map some keys when I install OFF P2?

2.) I saw a keyboard control guide for phase 3 that had more snap view commands then the original CFS 3 - so I was wondering if that is available in OFF P2?

3.) How to you "reset" or "snap" the view back to forward?

Sorry for all the questions. It's been a while since I have played flight sims.

Thanks in advance - jg1234

1. not sure why you feel the views in cfs3 are limited...you have all the views you would have in any other game, and they are all avialable in off.

2. answered above

3. if i understand your question correctly, you just hit "forward view" to get from any other view to look forward.

1. not sure why you feel the views in cfs3 are limited...you have all the views you would have in any other game, and they are all avialable in off.

2. answered above

3. if i understand your question correctly, you just hit "forward view" to get from any other view to look forward.

Thanks Sitting Duck for the quick response.

I was thinking that because I don't have a hat switch on my joystick - I would only be able to use the snap views that are advertised on the CFS 3 quick reference card - below.

I am probably missing something. It;s been a while for me.

Numpad 4 look left

Numpad 6 look right

Numpad 8 look up

Numpad 2 look down

F3 Key toggle cockpit

F4 Key cycle views

Shift + F4 Keys cycle views backward

` Key toggle padlock view

Tab Key next target

Shift + Tab Keys previous target

Shift + ` Keys cancel target

Ctrl + Tab Keys next friend

Ctrl + Shift + Tab Keys previous friend

Ctrl + F4 Keys toggle chase view

Tab Key next aircraft in chase view

Shift + Tab Keys previous aircraft in chase view

I am going to load up OFF Phase 2 this weekend and see. Thanks again

Edited by jg1234

ahh..ok...sorta missread your question...

if you get to the hanger drop down, and select controls, you can map any of the existing cfs3 commands in the game, to any keyboard, or joystick button that you want.

just dbl click the stock command, and it will ask you what key you want to use for that function. It keeps the stock command, and adds the key you tell it to use, so you will end up with 2 entries for that command. Note that after you hit the key, or joystick button you want, you have to use "tab" on the keyboard to get to the "ok" button if it tells you that key is alread mapped, and you have to juse "enter" on the keyboard to get it to accept the mapping, you cant click on "ok" with the mouse.

and,,you have to save the profile as "mine". you cannot have multiple profiles in off,,,unless you want to rename the mine.xca (the default profile off uses), and make another profile

(if that made sense)....

That sounds good Sitting Duck.

I saw a mention of the "mine" profile option in the FAQ area and was wondering if that would do the trick.

It looks like it will.

I really appreciate the help. Thanks again !

-jg1234

"Virtual Cockpit" or what the pilot sees over the guns, comes unassigned at installation. In controls assign it a keystroke not of any use in OFF, such as flap control "V"

Sometimes the 2/4/6/8 won't work unless the Num Lock is on

Directly North is the STICKY: Phase 1 & 2 Tips & Cheats. . . . a lot of useful info, but if you prefer to stumble around in the dark, banging your shins repeatedly on the coffee table, be my guest

Thanks uncleal,

I am checking that sticky now.

jg1234