These screen shots were too cool to pass up. I CAN NOT wait for this to come out. Imagine landing on a carrier deck in the early '40's...much smaller, more pitching, no meatball, LSO has dinky little paddles, and you may have holes in yur tailfeathers courtesy of the Japs and maybe some missing parts...THAT sounds like a REAL challenge to me. In IL2FB, normally if Im shot up, I can land real close to the base and the mission often completes. If you miss the strip here, you better be ready for a swim. ;)

These shots are from the Ubi website...

carrier_action%20_6.jpg

carrier_action.jpg

carrier_action%20_16.jpg

carrier_action%20_17.jpg

carrier_action%20_12.jpg

I would LOVE to do the Battle of the Coral Sea online on a Sunday afternoon with about 30 other players trying to work together. That would be a sim dream come true. There are more at the ubi site here...Weekly Development Update.

That looks beautiful! I'll surely be dissappointed if they don't a U.S. campaign this time round... :blink:

By the way Zagnut, if you havent already become aware of this, a fellow on the Ubi IL2 forums called Extreme_one has done a real nice US and British campaign. They include the appropriate voices, medals, and campaign folder added to the game. Ive been enjoying the US campaign he did of late. With the addition of the folder and medals, you can do your own US and Brit campaigns now too. These campaigns are installed via their own installer so everything is pretty easy. You can find them here...Netwings.org

If THIS addon doesnt have a US campaign, something is most definately amiss. The Pacific war was mainly an American show. For all you about ready to complain, note I said "mainly". That doesnt preclude all the other countries and their significant contributions. China, Austrailia, New Zealand, Phillipines, and Britian come to mind without even trying.

Seafire!!!!!! Would be nice to have a British carrier. And flying CAS over Singapore would be awesome!

But the battle of the Coral Sea will be enough for me, I see lots of stuff for midway, I wonder if they are doing wake? Take off in a P-40 and do B&Z on a flight zero's, land, and do it again!