Sign in to follow this  
ST0RM

Original TrackIR 1 drivers?

When I reinstalled MSFS2004 I lost my TIR support for the game. So, wanting to use it again, I followed the manual and reinstalled the most current software, ver 3.13

Well, prior to the reinstall the unit was working fine and tracked my head movements. After, nada. The software won't even recognize the unit, despite Windows seeing it fine.

So, does anyone have their old disk lying around. I don't believe that the TIR unit is dead, I think it's a software issue. So, if you've got NP software and drivers, please let me know.

Thanks!

-S

P.S. This thing has worked great, so I've stuck with it.

When you say "reinstalled", do you mean you uninstalled it first, or just installed over the top? This might be one of those things where you have to uninstall, scour the registry, delete leftover directories and possibly driver files just to make Windows think this is all "new". I'm guessing you're using XP as I don't think 3.13 was Vista-compliant.

When you say "reinstalled", do you mean you uninstalled it first, or just installed over the top? This might be one of those things where you have to uninstall, scour the registry, delete leftover directories and possibly driver files just to make Windows think this is all "new". I'm guessing you're using XP as I don't think 3.13 was Vista-compliant.

JM,

No, I ran through the whole deal by uninstalling and removing the reg entries for the NP software as per the norm. Them restarted and reinstalled the 3.13 software (yes for XP). Prior to that, the head unit would work. Since the reinstall, the software won't connect to the unit, despite Windows seeing it and saying it's working fine. I think when I plug in the unit via USB, then auto driver download it does is porked and prevent the software from correctly seeing the unit. Follow me? I even got a reedit bat file from Vincent at NP, but I don't think that is the issue. Something about the new driver is downloads from NP.

-S

Well I'm stumped! My TIR4 has never done that to me, fortunately.