Sign in to follow this  
Laton

FE2 converting my models

Hi guys,

After doing a bit of messing around I've found a few things you'll need to do to get my models to work in FE2 (I should add that I just did a straight copy and paste of all my aircraft from my FEG folder into the new FE2 directory)

First off you'll need to have the following folder:

C:\Users\?????\Saved Games\ThirdWire\FirstEagles2\Objects\Pilots

Where ????? is your user name (this is for Win7 - I'm not sure of the new location in XP)

Extract the attached Pilots.zip file into there and you should be good to go if you're having texture issues with pilots or gunners on my models.

Next bit is a little more time consuming.

You will need to go through each of my models and copy some of the .TGA and BMP files from the main aircraft directory into each skin folder.

E.g.

For the SVA.5

Go into the C:\Users\?????\Saved Games\ThirdWire\FirstEagles2\Objects\Aircraft\SVA5 folder and you'll see the following files:

FASTPROP.TGA

SLOWPROP.TGA

GLASS.TGA

Vickers.bmp

Vrt.bmp

They all need to be copied into each individual skin folder you may have.

Similarly for my Hannover's

C:\Users\?????\Saved Games\ThirdWire\FirstEagles2\Objects\Aircraft\HannoverCLIII

FASTPROP.TGA

SLOWPROP.TGA

GLASS.TGA

Parabela.bmp

Spandau_barrel.bmp

Spandau_rec.bmp

Vrt.bmp

GermanGunner1.bmp may also need to be copied, not sure about that one.

You get the idea, copy into each skin folder for the Hannover. Once you've done that you shouldn't have any guns showing up black or missing prop disks.

Cheers

Pilots.zip

Edited by Laton