Sign in to follow this  
Guest Raden

ITo Wrench and other senior Modders: sraeli Merkava Never Shows Up!

Guest Raden

I am referring to the great Merkava battle tank DL-ed from MarcFighter.

I ALWAYS ALWAYS read the READ ME file. Still, no luck.

I have only the WOE SF1 with the Oct.2008, latest weapon file DL-ed from here. There are only five Terrains: GermanCY, ANW, IsraelMe (the Israel 2, tho a good one, was simply zipped and moved to an other directory for safe keeping); Taiwan, Timor, and Korea with the latest mod. All r with the GermanyCE CAT (tried once on IsraelMe using its own CAT, worked well as well).

I have put the Merkava file in the main GroundObject Folder.

But, having seen one of Wrench mod on IsraelMe or an other perhaps Libya mod where he put one or two groundobject files in them (only their bmp and lods), I did the same with the Merkava. Still, it does not show?

Perhaps, the US Navy SEAL, or even the MOSSAD can help? Hahaha.....  :grin:

Pardon my typos......

Edited by Raden

Vehicle use is random. You can make the Merkava show up by either a) place them on a terrain (that would require some editing of the terrain_targets/types file) or b) use them in a campaign with ground units or finally c) adjust the availability of the Merkava and other tanks/APCs. The last two options also require that you play a CAS mission.

Guest rscsjsuso5

hey raden just drop the merkava tank folder and i mean the folder into the ground object folder where all the ground objects are in their respective folders and that's it then play the sim.

don't remember but the old way you will need to list the groundobjects to show up but after the 08 patch it will find the object thus making things simple.

also marcfighter did a great job on it but the packaging needs some tweaking as originally it was thrown together.

finally follow gocad's suggestion it covers all the needed aspects for the tank.

enjoy :drinks:

MerkavaMK1.zip

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Guest Raden

hey raden just drop the merkava tank folder and i mean the folder into the ground object folder where all the ground objects are in their respective folders and that's it then play the sim.

don't remember but the old way you will need to list the groundobjects to show up but after the 08 patch it will find the object thus making things simple.

also marcfighter did a great job on it but the packaging needs some tweaking as originally it was thrown together.

finally follow gocad's suggestion it covers all the needed aspects for the tank.

Gentlemen, Suso and Gocad; thanks a lot for ur time and replies. Will try again later. Oh yes Suso, Dave has posted the new way of installing ground objects. I have copied as well. This page also.

Regards guys........... :bye:

• Like 1

Guest Raden

Thank u very much to all of u who have replied the previous post of mine. NWO, I have the great Merkava MK1, even in Taiwan-, Libyan-Terrains! 

I just did a "HUNT FOR MERKAVA(s)" in Libya in my Armed_Recon MSN, flying my ZeeWolf TNI-AU.

Smashed them all using my 30mm Cal. Canon after neutralizing first two Stinger SAM and one Chaparral in the UN-NATO and US base.

I shall upload some pics of the HUNT. Great ones.

Regards :good:

• Like 1