Sign in to follow this  
Herr Prop-Wasche

HPW Vertical Stabilizer Fix for HITR 1.0

View File

Hey guys and gal(s):

This mod corrects a few minor oversights in the .xdp files for a couple of old and new aircraft in the HITR expansion pack from OBD Software. As such, this mod is meant to be used on stock installations of the HITR expansion only, and on no other version of the game. Over the weekend I will release an update of my QC DM which will also contain the fixes contained in this mod.

From the readme:

-------------

DESCRIPTION: This mod corrects a few minor errors in the .xdp files contained in the "stock" OBD Software's Hat in the Ring official expansion pack for Over Flanders Fields. More specifically, this mod adds missing "threshold values" for the vertical stabilizers in the Bristol Scout and the DFW CV, and removes the threshold values for the vertical stabilizers in the Nieuport 24, Nieuport 24 Lewis, and Nieuport 28. (Note that no other planes in the Nieuport series are equipped with vertical stabilizers in the game, so this mod simply makes the Nieuports added by HITR consistent with the other Nieuports already contained in BHaH). Although this mod is not a product of OBD software and is not supported by them, I have corresponded with Polvoski and he has given me the okay to release this mod for anyone who is interested. Frankly, using this mod will most likely have very little effect on your game, as it effects only a few aircraft and has only a small effect on the overall damage model of these aircraft. Nevertheless, for the sake of consistency and "realism" I have decided to create and release this mod. Of course, if you experience any trouble with this mod, please contact Herr Prop-Wasche and not anyone from OBD. Finally, although this mod contains only a few very small changes, use of the mod is solely at your own risk, and I cannot be held responsible for any damage to your game or computer if you choose to install it. You may therefore wish to create a restore point on your computer and backup your OFF files before installing the mod. Good luck and happy flying!

-------------

INSTALLATION: Simply extract the aircraft folder contained inside the HPW Vertical Stabilizer Fix for HITR 1.0.zip file to the OBDSoftware\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields folder. DO NOT extract the aircraft folder into the aircraft folder itself! If prompted, simply click "Yes to all" when asked if you wish to replace files. Don't worry! Only the .xdp files for the Bristol Scout, DFW CV, Nieuport 24, Nieuport 24 Lewis, and Nieuport 28 will be replaced in your stock HITR installation. That's it!

NOTE: This mod is NOT meant to be used with the Herr Prop Wasche HITR DM for QC 1.1 Version 1.2 of that mod will contain the changes contained in this mod, as will the upcoming HPW HITR Campaign DM.