Sign in to follow this  
ares77

Intro and help questions

Hello all, First off thanks to all the moderators, modders etc who have put this site together! Bought WOV a long time ago got bored with it, moved on. Just happened to be on wikipedia (back in 08) looking up WOV when I found out about mods to the game and brought me here. Downloads all the good stuff, planes, maps, weapon packs etc. Played hard. Fast foreward to a week ago. My computer died on me with the HD unrecoverable (so far going to try unbuntu and linux to recover). Oh well time for newer better one right? :) Anyway sprang for a Alienware Aurora (windows 7 64) yada yada. Reinstalled WOV. Updated to 08 level. Installed the gold pack update/expansion weapons packs planes etc. Well so far everything works fine (learned alot through trial n error what not to do on first comp) except one wierd glitch that I haven't found anything about using search. My controls are all whacked. Using a saitek ST290 pro. Downloaded and installed their latest drivers for my system. All functions worked properly. Set up my key functions in options for my controls. No matter what I set or change for some reason anytime I use selected weapon (no matter if it's set to joystick/keys or mouse) it deploys airbrakes, Flare key/buttondrops chaffs, Chaff button does a mini freeze and all sorts of problems like that. Worked fine on stock install and problems are on all planes, all mission/campaign types etc. This is one part of the modding process I haven't seen read so I haven't a clue what to look into. The only problem I encountered in the modding so far is that part 1 of the 3 part gold pack will not unpack so it is not installed, but it worked fine directly after the install so I just started adding more. All my downloads are backed up so I can just wipeout and reinstall but I'd rather try to find out what to tweak if possible.

My experience I would say is right at intermediate. I can do all the ini editing, adding weapons, familiar with the editors etc. so I'm not a total newb if that makes it any easier to try to figure out/help.

Thanks in advance

You may have loaded a mod that had an ini file called AIRCRAFTOBJECT.INI, or something similar in the Objects directory. That file is what is causing the problem...try renaming it (so you don't delete it in case you want it later) and then try your install again.

FC

@$%@. Yep was there. Don't know if that was the problem as I wiped it all out and started over 30 mins before you posted that :(. Oh well thanks now I'll know for future reference though. Going to build it a little slower this time though not install all the mods before playing after each