Sign in to follow this  
PG_Raptor

B-17 and B-24

Damm!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damm!!!!!!!!!!!! those are dedfinetly two OUTSTANDING paint jobs,the personal markings are not bad either lol..the B-24 might not be too p c for these days but it does bring back the days of Airpower Superiority into a Sharp focus,the days when our airplanes proclaimed loud and clear.. Here I am,what you going do about it' then came the navy after ww2,those were Loud paint jobs too..

Actually, I am scum... :( These very same aircraft were at the Ramona airport last month. I have digital pics and didnt post them. I am, even as I speak, whipping myself with the flat end of my flip-flop. These are great pics PG. You got most of what I got. I too was able for the firsttime ever, to walk, or should I say crouch, thru a B24. VERY cool... B) I stopped at the waist gunner position and swung the gun a few times, then noticed the pilot looking at me. Decided to leave his guns alone... :huh: Then, despite the cockpit being roped off, I fanagled permission to go in and get a few shots of the cockpit, nose-gunner/bombadier position, and the top-gunner turret. Unfortunately had to leave before I got to go inside the B17. Got some great outside shots though. Thanks for taking the time to post the pics PG. Its always neat to see old warbirds like these and to let your imagination go back 60 years to a different world... ;)