Sign in to follow this  
squid

a list of requested tips & hints

Hello , i need info on the following :

1. Is maybe there any fix for the fonts issue when FSAA is enabled on 1024x768 ? (ati radeon)

2. How can i modify / increase the roll rate and turn radius in a flight model file?

3. Is there maybe any way to counterfight the significant perfomance hit of enabled shadows ?

4. Is there maybe a crusader F-8 made and published ?

5. Is there a way to turn off just the radar screen preview on the upper right corner of the screen without turning off the actual radar of the plane?

6. Is it easy to modify a jet thats by default smokeless to emit smoke ?

Thanks

1. Wasn't aware there was a problem but I don't run that res & I guess that I've been using different drivers.

Will check later.

2. Pass- I'm not an .ini wizard & leave it to those who are.

There is a list by Wild_Elmo of aero coefficients in the sticky http://forum.biohazcentral.com/index.php?showtopic=4078

There is also a roll damper setting in the [Flightcontrol] section of the aircraft_data

3. There might be something coming that may help - no promises.

4. Yes, here

5. again, it's in the sticky http://forum.biohazcentral.com/index.php?showtopic=4078

"How do you turn the extra radar in the corner of the screen off?

Simply erase the numbers in the Width /Height fields in your C : \ Program Files\Strategy First\Strike Fighters\Flight\HUDData.ini

[Display004]

DisplayType=RADAR

PosX=0.865

PosY=0.01

Width=

Height=

Alpha=0.60

InitTime=2.0"

6. again, I'm not an .ini guy but I would have thought that this was easy - just add an emitter . Just had a quick look & you should be able to add a line in _data/engines

e.g. this is from the F-4J_data/engines section

"ExhaustEmitterName=DirtyExhaustEmitter

ExhaustPosition=0.65,-3.63,-0.58"

Thanks again ;)

Now, regarding the font issue i managed to fix the left and right bottom corner transparent panel fonts by altering the HUD_Data.ini fonts section (Tahoma, 13 for example worked for me) , but i cant find where the fonts settings are for the scrolling messages on the down center of the screen .... any ideas maybe ?

and also the damper thing didnt change anything in the flight behavior of the plane :(

and also the damper thing didnt change anything in the flight behavior of the plane  :(

did it not change roll inertia at all?