Sign in to follow this  
quack74

Different lozenge for the D.VII's

I was just about to post the Jasta 26 and Jasta 2 Fokker D.VII skins I've done. But then I tried fiddling around with the lozenge (after I zipped everthing up ofcourse). I figured I would add a little more color to it. I was using pieces from the Fokker D.VII Hansa posted several month ago. Mainly the lozenge print. But it seems too washed out and not as bright as it should be. I'm only going to change a few, not all, considering there were a few different types of lozenge camo mixed in with the Jasta's aircraft. It looks good on random machines. I thinks so anyway

Im going to post all of them today

post-33545-017448300 1291227422.jpgpost-33545-030078500 1291227426.jpgpost-33545-050439300 1291227430.jpgpost-33545-090970800 1291227436.jpgpost-33545-042594000 1291227442.jpgpost-33545-043094500 1291227447.jpg

Wow, I Love this ,quack you never cease to amaze,as always great work and look forward to these great skins.

Thanks Again,

VonTobler

Thanks, It's getting easier to make skins now that I've learned many of Photoshops' tricks over the years.

But I just noticed I forgot to fill in the black strip on the upper rear fuselage on the Jasta B ones. Right where the tail plane attaches to the fuselage. $#%#! I'll fix them tonight and edit the DL. I think the rudder has a black line too on the lower balance section. I fixed it on the Jasta 26 ones. I'll fix that too. For all you guys that download the Jasta B D.VII's check back tomorrow for the edited DL.

edit:

well I guess that small black strip on the rear fuselage is a space between the fuse and the tail. I cant paint it. But I did fix the rudders and I also fixed the "Fast Prop Spinner" while I was in there. Before the spinner turned black at high rpm's. Now it's wood. Good thing I checked. Anyway I edited the DL.

Edited by quack74

if you have time to give a look of old albatros DI /DII/DIII by BORTDAFARM

they are fun model but look can be inprove with better skin :cool:

Thank you

if you have time to give a look of old albatros DI /DII/DIII by BORTDAFARM

they are fun model but look can be inprove with better skin :cool:

Thank you

I tried to work with them a while back. Very hard to paint. You almost have to create a decal for every body part to get it right. Sinbad did a bunch of these skins for the D.I and D.II a while back. In the Decals folder there are many many decals. His head was probably spinning around. But the skin by Sinbad are a big improvement for sure. I might just wait to see if Jan Tuma will fudge around with the D.III to make it look like a D.II. He was working on a D.III to make it look like a D.III Oef. It seems to be working. The model looks great. So maybe he can make a nice D.II with the same method. One can hope

Hello,

One cannot get too pedantic about WW1 colors because of the lack of color photographs, different films used, different levels of ultraviolet fading/bleaching from the sun, etc. However, respectfully, as well executed as those skins are, the irregular polygon fabric seems a touch too dark. Based on decades of research and surviving fabric samples, this is a pretty good representation:

5colorirregpoly.jpg

Note the slight color overlap that creates a dark border between the colors. This is seen in period photos as well.

Photo from this website: http://thevintageaviator.co.nz/projects/albatros-dva/albatros-dva-walkaround

Still, look at the various interpretations: http://www.wwi-models.org/misc/Colors/German/loz2/index.html See what I mean about not being too pedantic? Several takes on the same subject. I guess the above screens can be considered your take, based on whatever research you've done or period photographs you've used.