Sign in to follow this  
PG_Raptor

Any new updates?

Are there any new updates worth mentioning? I read that the damage model is getting worked on (if not finished). Any other news?

i suppose the main news is that I've been getting less obsessed with Rome: Total War. this leaves much more time to work on my game.

I've missed my personal deadline for something i wanted to achieve though - nov 15th I wanted to have a basic demo available minus lots of features - but some sort of battle situation.

what work I have done on it, is of course, the mission situation. currently the placement of objects is kind of hard coded - well it is hardcoded - so i've been working towards making this LUA defined.

Still have to reprogram and create the AI to work with the scripting.

lots of stuff has to be brought together for example, there is an autopilot AI for aircraft, and a combat routine - but ways from the mission system have to be found to decide the parameters for this autopilot so it follows the waypoints.

im scratching my head a lot on this.

why the personal deadline of nov15th?

wel on November the 27th there is a flightsim show in Birmingham, UK that I thought that if I new i'd be ready by this date, that I could then be confident that I could make a decision to attend to set up a stand there. - it would be a late booking for sure.

Instead, I think I'll just turn up as an enthusiast, and if I have something to show, hand a demo over to a few people, perhaps PC Pilot or something like that.

damn, our PR strat is advanced and well planned :)

Thanks for the update. :)

I have been obsessed with Rome: TW myself. Best game ever, so far, imho. The credits go to Activision for giving the developer an extra year to polish it and make it as good as possible, which is unusual lately.

But roman cohorts don't fly :dntknw::grin: