HomeFries

Another 3D request: Slime lights via FakePilot

First, I'd like to give a shout out to russouk2004, who came through with my last request for a 3D ventral anti-smash light for the A-6. Those of you who downloaded my A-6 Superpack may have noticed it. The great thing is that now that I am working the Prowlers, I was able to use these lights (including a blue-tinted one) for the EA-6B nav lights behind the inner pylons.

Now that I have the bug, I'm asking a similar favor with the slime lights. I would like to convert these from being part of the skin to being a FakePilot object for a number of reasons:

• Skin placement means that it is behind the decals, instead of in front (as is historically the case with the A-6 and the NationName.
  • I couldn't get it to work as a decal because the number of decals per surface on the aft fuselage is maxed out.
  • A 3D object would look better, and could be made in a bright color to illuminate at night like a real slimer.

I'm hoping to at least get the fuselage slimers, but I would be overjoyed to get the wingtip slimers as well. Here is a profile shot of an EA-6B that shows both in good detail:

6857567152_ae87876ee9_o.jpg

Likewise, relative dimensions can be pulled from the skin files using the following jpg images (reduced for bandwidth):

EA-6B_TEXTURE2.jpg

EA-6B_TEXTURE1.jpg

As always, full credit will be provided with the superpack.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Photo switched.

Edited by HomeFries