AGOSTINO

SF2 DOES NOT WORK, AFTER CLEAN INSTALL WIN 10 ON SSD!!!

Posted (edited)

Today I ran into the same problem. New PC with SSD & HDD, Win10 installed on SSD. First I did not install the game just copied all the SF2 files and folders from my old PC to the SSD. After starting the game, the init. screen appears, then nothing happens. So far this seems exactly what Agostino described.

However, reinstalling the game solved the problem (at least in my case). During the install process I got an error message saying that the system was missing Microsoft Net Framework 3.5 (which is needed for running SF2). With a simple click the system downloaded and installed MS Net Framework, then finished installing the game. All is well now, I can even run the game I originally copied over.

Agostino, install Microsoft Net Framework and see what happens. Hope this helps.

Edited by Blade
  • Like 1