Sign in to follow this  

VEAO Eurofighter update:

Goal for Tiffy was end of this year yes but we had 3-4 months delay on Hawk latter part of last year. That also put development of Tiffy back a few months. Also to access certain information on Typhoon we had to do a few things, they are in progress and ongoing. 

Typhoon external is in DCS, cockpit is being tweaked and once Hawk is out I'm going to focus on clickable cockpit test system. As you can imagine all focus is on getting Hawk ready in the next few weeks. 

We have separate teams working on different projects, all at different stages of development from modelling, skinning, coding, flight models, etc. plus projects I can't disclose right now.

Would I like a functional Typhoon by the end of the year, yes. What level of functionality depends on classification and what we can do in that time. I'm not going to say a definitive time for Typhoon but long term to me means end of this year / Q1 2015.

We already have it flyable in DCS, with our custom cockpit and basic animations internal and external. 
The time will be coding the systems but we've learnt a lot from Hawk and can use some of that. 

Hope that answers the question in a round a bout way. 

And to answer the tanker question, yes we need one for refueling Typhoon. It's on our development plan. Which plane is still being decided and another team will be doing that one. 

Cheers,
Chris.

BleachAV8B put a interview of VEAO in PCPilot magazine, show Eurofighter, and a Tanker and WW2 fighters plans

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2047622&postcount=1170
Originally Posted by BeachAV8R  View Post
Thanks to Chris for participating in the PC Pilot article. I've made the comment to him and publicly that the way VEAO handles community relations is second to none. They have a great team assembled and are very open about where they are, and where they are heading. Chris made my job easy.. <g>

It's my understanding the magazine is on newsstands in Europe already (it is a UK based magazine after all..) but I haven't received my mailed issue here in the United States yet. There is always the option of buying online the digital copy:

When I submitted the questions, I was surprised at some of the answers we received too - and excited! The possibility of a tanker and the future WW2 platforms is pretty cool. Of course, I'm a button pusher, so I'm positively salivating about the Typhoon. Bring it on!

And as a big fan of realism and training type stuff..I think the Hawk is going to be a big hit with both single players and online squadrons. 

Exciting times ahead.

Thanks again to Chris and VEAO for their assistance with the article...

Regards,
BeachAV8R

VEAO tell over the diferences of "military version" vs "comercial version"
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2084198&postcount=9
Guys,
As much as we would like to have fully functional military standards aircraft for the community, this simply isn't possible due to a lot of reasons, sensitivity being the main one.

We will "simulate" certain functions of the aircraft to give you the feeling of flying a Typhoon. These may be way off what the actual aircraft can deliver or how it functions from an avionics suite point of view, as has been said many times before.

Probably there are only a handful of people, Eddie being one of them, that will know that the real aircraft doesn't function the way our consumer version one will.

Even the EFM (PFM) we will develop for the consumer version will not be as realistic as the real aircraft due to sensitivity again but you know what, I doubt anyone on the forum has actually flown a Typhoon so you won't know anyway 

It will look and feel and handle like a Typhoon so don't worry.

Yes we will simulate weapons that may not be in service yet and certain weapons we simply won't be able to do as per certain aircraft functions.

Eddie, on our last research trip and subsequent conversations since, we were told differently. Let's just leave it at that. Pete wasn't questioning what you do or where you are and I think it's best of we drop this subject due to sensitivity again. Let's catch up for a beer next time we're at Conny and we can discuss it there 

Cheers,
Chris.