Flanker562 Posted Sunday at 03:05 PM Author Posted Sunday at 03:05 PM Okay, right now the Raven Warfare Group mod is pretty much ready. I have a heli variant to introduce and may upload it sometime this week. It's nothing special, and I recommend you swap out the weapons (mostly modded BIS weapons) to match your style. The mod seems complete right now, barring a helicopter variant I'm thinking of using with the group. It'll include some of what the Helicopter Pack has so far, so you won't lose functionality with the units, and so on. So I'll work on it throughout the week, pending any ideas (I'm debating including the AT4 from the Weapons Pack) that I may come up with in the meantime.
Flanker562 Posted Sunday at 04:56 PM Author Posted Sunday at 04:56 PM Okay, right now, the Raven Warfare Group mod is "finished." I have a few things to do today, so I may not work on it much. The good thing about using a mod folder (Local Mod) is that you can separate a mod and hunt down errors as you go, which makes troubleshooting a little easier. It's time-consuming, but in the end your mod looks good, with no noticeable errors when you release it. Nobody's perfect, but neither am I. So anyway, I may think of more stuff to do sometime this week, but as it stands, it's uploadable right now.
Flanker562 Posted Sunday at 05:38 PM Author Posted Sunday at 05:38 PM One thing I never liked about using A2 stuff was the textures. Sometimes they sucked and sometimes they were good. The M134 textures just looked like crap, and so therefore I needed to finally do something about it. I just edited the base texture, and it looks ten times better than a rusty weapon system, as they wouldn't be in real world use. I guess BIS thought it was impressive, but didn't look right. Now that I finally fixed the issue I feel better about the appearance about the mod and the helicopters:
Flanker562 Posted Monday at 06:44 PM Author Posted Monday at 06:44 PM On a whim decided to change the weapons a bit on the regular Security units, than the RWG Tactical units. In this case the regular security members have black SPAR-16s, and the Tactical ones have Tan, to sort of differentiate them and such. I'm looking to do a maybe Corporate Representative of some sort, but I don't see much in the way for a need for a unit with a three-piece suit, unless somebody wants that kind of play involved.
Flanker562 Posted Tuesday at 12:33 PM Author Posted Tuesday at 12:33 PM Got a bug report on the AT4 in the Weapons Pack. I don't know what caused it to be unselectable, but I think the scripts are holding it back. I tried removing the scripts, and it didn't work. For Sunday, I will remove the AT4 and other versions from the pack and work on a standalone system that will hopefully start working, because, well, I liked the system very much, and I figure something is causing it to not work. I saved most of the mod files and will work on something in the near future. In other news, I reworked the Titan-D systems; now they're not disposable and will work like any other launcher the game offers (able to be reloaded, etc.). I'll mess with it and see if I can improve it somewhat, or not.
Flanker562 Posted Tuesday at 03:11 PM Author Posted Tuesday at 03:11 PM Okay, now that's sorted (I'm sure you all saw the release of the AT4 standalone mod), I can get back to work on other things now that the crisis is over. I'm already looking at some updates. I tweaked the Raven PMC Gun Trucks, putting the Tactical Team Member there instead of the "regular" security units, since it makes more sense for a gun truck to be more prevalent on the military side of a PMC or something. I've gotten things settled down now, and going to look at integrating the scripts and stuff I tore out of the Weapons Pack, and fix the Titan-D launchers so they're disposable again. In my zeal to fix the AT4s, I sorta just said, "Screw it," and now I have to fix it and put it back together. So for Sunday: - Flanker562 Weapons Pack - Flanker562 Helicopter Pack - Flanker562 Raven Warfare Group
Flanker562 Posted Tuesday at 04:04 PM Author Posted Tuesday at 04:04 PM Took a leaf from the Project Hatchet team, and redid the heli pilot/crew for the 160th and US Army. Overall nothing special as they use a better vest and use the standard MTP uniform that comes with the game. I figured that they know the uniform standards better, so why not just fix it? The Multicam Flight Suit has been removed entirely and going with this now since it looks more realistic, even if the BIS uniforms look bleached and stuff:
Flanker562 Posted Tuesday at 07:44 PM Author Posted Tuesday at 07:44 PM Did some more work with the Raven PMC units. I added two types of regular Offroads. One will be the "normal security" Truck, and one will be a "Tactical" Offroad, specifically for the Tactical units. I'm also adding spare M136s for the Tactical (Gun and regular Truck). I try not to use mods a lot, but I think the AT4 as a standalone makes it easier on people as it doesn't depend on the Weapons Pack to use, and I don't want people to download a big mod for one weapon. The AT4 mod weighs in at 10MB or so, so it's like CBA_A3; it's there and not straining your hard drive. Personally, I'm thinking of doing the Titan-Ds as a separate pack, but more to follow on that, and probably not, unless there is some demand for that to happen. Anyway, I'm set to upload stuff on Sunday and make sure the AT4 requirement is included.
Flanker562 Posted 10 hours ago Author Posted 10 hours ago I don't know if it's me, but Arma 3 is in a bad state of affairs, as it's constantly freezing every now and then, so work and play are not happening. I don't know if it's just me, but I did submit a report on the Feedback Tracker about it. I mean, it's good I have other games, but A3 is pretty much my go-to for gaming stuff, like for videos and just to sit back and fly around for a bit to relax and just detach from the reality I live in the US of A. Anyway, it's pretty much a wait, and hopefully they'll fix the situation, which, to be fair, is something that has really been interesting because, bugs notwithstanding, A3 has been a reliable game more or less, very stable, and you fire it up, and you do your thing. Anyway, I can release it if it stays on the builds I have now, so if it takes time, at least you'll have some updated mods waiting for you.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now