Sign in to follow this  
Taitennek

AAR SINO-SOVIET BATTLESET, #OPENING MOVES

[spoiler ALERT]

Scenario: Opening Moves

Author: Herman Hum / Claudio Magnatti

AAR by: Frans Koenz

Side : Russia

After an unprovoked attack on Russia by the PRC, Petropavlovsk remained operational and the deployed fleet elements only had the barest of weapons required for self-defense.

My orders were to bring back the nuclear submarines to Petropavlovsk for replenishment and re-armament within 80 hours. They have only been loaded with limited munitions in accordance with the restricted training schedule.

Only a few air-assets were available at Vladivostok. I was advised to engage only the units that posed an immediate threat.

The game:

4 SS(G)N (Tomsk, Tambov, Nerpa and Pskov) must reach the marked Nav zone. 2 KILO-class submarines are located near Vladivostok. After starting the game the 2 Kilo's were surrounded by enemy submarines. I ordered the 2 Helix A helicopters for assistance in my attempt to destroy the submarines. I managed to sink 3 submarines, but lost both helicopters. They were attacked by a Chinese fighter from the mainland. The SSGN Tomsk and SSN Tambov had to pass the Tsugaru Strait. As expected, there was a Chinese blockade with submarines and surface vessels. I managed to pass the strait without any problems and reach the marked zone without problems. The SSGN Tomsk managed to sink 1 submarine.

The two other submarines ( SSN Nerpa and SSN Pskov) were located in the East Chinese Sea and nearby the Ryukyu Archipelago and had to pass other Chinese blockades. The SSN Nerpa managed to sink 1 submarine and a Luhu-class (051B) and managed to reach the safe Pacific Ocean after passing a blockade.

The PRC did attack the 2 Kilo class submarines with torpedoes, fired by Harbin ASW Aircraft, but could not damage or destroy the submarines.

My tactic was to travel with maximum speed at maximum depth through the blockades and I did manage to reach the victory conditions within time.

PRC losses:

2 Ming class Subamrines

2 Kilo class Submarines

1 Han class (type 091) Submarine

1 Luhu class (type 051B) Frigate

Russian losses:

2 Helix A ASW helicopters

1 Mi-14 Haze helicopter

Thanks for this nice scenario! :ok:

THIS SCENARIO REQUIRES PDB 5.9.7.

You can get it at:

szologo47ty.gifSZO file archives - Home of the Harpoon3 PlayersDB

badger0ma.th.jpgFilesOfScenShare

hgbanner33xr.jpgHarpGamer.com - Home of the HCDB.

http://www.taitennek.nl - The PDB Scenario Depot.