Sign in to follow this  
TeTeT

Planes not working on Range

Can someone enlighten me why some planes cause a CTD when trying to use them in the Range terrain while they work fine with the Vietnam terrain? I use Wings over Vietnam with Deuces terrain mods and effects. Once I discovered that I can fly the MiGs only on the Red Range I wondered if this also caused problems with the other (unflyable) aircraft I've added and to my great pleasure they work fine with the Vietnam terrain :)

Can someone enlighten me why some planes cause a CTD when trying to use them in the Range terrain while they work fine with the Vietnam terrain? I use Wings over Vietnam with Deuces terrain mods and effects. Once I discovered that I can fly the MiGs only on the Red Range I wondered if this also caused problems with the other (unflyable) aircraft I've added and to my great pleasure they work fine with the Vietnam terrain :)

****************************************************************************************

What aircraft doesn't work?

Guest Saganuay82

You copied the cat over? Or at least pointed the VietnamSEA.cat from the ini?

I have had this problem with some aircraft as well, and as far as I can tell it has to do with the MinBaseSize setting under missiondata in the aircraft's data.ini file. Because there is only one airfield in the Range terrain and it isn't large aircraft that require a large airfield, like the B-58, will cause the program to crash.

You copied the cat over? Or at least pointed the VietnamSEA.cat from the ini?

It it referenced from range.ini with ..\VietnamSEA\vietnamSEA.cat and there it is.

What aircraft doesn't work?

I just wanted to make a list and discovered the following:

A-1H Skyraider crashes when selecting MiG-CAP as Mission Type. Works fine with the other 4 (Strike, CAS, Iron Hand, Armed Recon). For some aircraft I don't get a mission type at all: E2-C HawkEye, Bell Model 47D, KA-6D Refuel Intruder, UH-1B Huey. All of these CTD when clicking 'Accept' on the 'Create Mission' screen. In the Vietnam terrain they seem that MiG CAP will be assigned to them by default.

I just added CAS,RECON and TRANSPORT as Primary Role to the UH-1B and now it flies on the range! Guess that's one fix for it. Or is there a way to allow RECON and TRANSPORT missions on the range?

Ok TeTeT.

I've done some testing,,& found :

Any plane that doesn't work check and ,make sure these entrys exist in its Data.INI file...

*****************************************************************************************

[MissionData]

NationName=USN

ServiceStartYear=1963

ServiceEndYear=1997

AircraftRole=ATTACK

AircraftCapability=DAY_AND_NIGHT

Availability=COMMON

Exported=FALSE

PrimaryRoles=TRANSPORT

SecondaryRoles=RECON,STRIKE<-----no matter what kind or role of aircraft,,enter STRIKE on this line

NormalMissionRadius=1973

MaxMissionRadius=2173

Ceiling=12270

MinBaseSize=MEDIUM<------make this either SMALL OR MEDIUM....NOT LARGE

CarrierBased=TRUE

I had several planes that would not work in RANGE terrain,but got em all fixed except the Bell-47D ,,it explodes on the opening screen,,but that is another issue unrelated to the RANGE...

Try this and let me know how it works out.... ;)

Adding 'strike' works fine for all of them! The Bell-47D also works for me on the range: bell-47d.range.png

Thanks for your help! :clapping: