Sign in to follow this  
jrdani

Need Help Replacing Stock Carrier w/CVN75 in WOV Campaigns

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by RogueSnake:

Ok, remember, Uber noobie here

Is there a way to make this carrier replace one in one of the default campaigns? I tried deleting the Kitty Hawk.

a. If Already Extracted, Remove Previous CVN_Carrier Entry

And my plane just explodes on mission start.

Or should I just search for missions/campaigns that use it? Thx for the help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can Replace the Carrier in the Campaigns by opening the Campaign_Data.ini (has to be extracted of course)

and Go down to Carrier Units, and Change the Following lines that Are Bold

[CarrierUnitXXX]

CarrierType=CVN75

CarrierNumber=75

UnitName=CVN-75 Truman

--------------------

Digital Overload

I've tried the above with no success. I've searched all the forums looking for more info to no avail, so I'm turning to the pros and/or anyone who has done this successfully for help.

I know I've installed DO's beautiful CVN75 correctly because I can get it to work fine in "single missions", however, I've tried everything I know of to get it to appear in the WOV LB1 Campaign and have struck out so far. I've removed all other mentions of carrier units in the WOVCAMPL1_DATA.INI file and put in only the following reference:

[CarrierUnit001]

CarrierType=CVN75

CarrierNumber=75

UnitName=CVN-75 Truman

ForceID=1

Nation=USN

;StartDate=6/1972

StartDate=5/1964

BaseArea=Yankee Station

NumSquadron=5

BaseSize=MEDIUM

Experience=100

Morale=100

Supply=100

Now when I try to start a mission in this campaign, instead of the flight being on the cats, ready to takeoff, it's on the surface of the water. I know I'm missing something or doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what it is.

Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can give me.