Sign in to follow this  
Bunyap

Weapons Pack - 16 May 06

The latest revision to the Weapons Pack is now available. The pack has been re-built from the ground up over the last few months and contains a huge number of new weapons and features. Be sure to read the supplied documentation carefully, especially if you are using older add-on aircraft.

WeaponsPack.jpg

Installation:

Download and run the installation program:

WeaponsPack_16May06.exe

The program will prompt you to choose the version of the sim you are installing to. After selecting your version, be sure to install the files into the "main" folder where the sim is installed. The necessary files for all weapons, effects, nations, and default aircraft data are installed automatically.

You will notice that some add-on aircraft do not have proper loadouts when using the new Weapons Pack. The data for the weapons has been set up with a more exact system for determining when and where weapons are available. Not all add-on aircraft are set up to take advantage of this system or the new features introduced with the latest version of the simulation.

To remedy this, I have included updated files for a large number of add-on aircraft:

Add-on Aircraft Data

All credit for the aircraft data files should go to the original author. I have attempted to contact all people involved but might have missed a few. If you do not wish for your aircraft's files to be included contact me and I will gladly remove them.

Instructions for installing the new files and modifying add-on aircraft that are not included here is provided. You can find all the information you need here:

Weapons Pack Documentation

A companion to the Weapons Pack called the Weapons Delivery Manual is available for download. It contains in depth information procedures for using many of the weapons included with the weapons pack.

Weapons Delivery Manual

An add-on terrain called the Bombing Range is also available for download. This terrain, created by Deuces, provides an opportunity to practice weapons delivery techniques on a realistically laid out bombing and gunnery range.

Bombing Range Terrain

Whenever one guy manages a database of nearly 2,000 weapons supporting over 400 aircraft there are bound to be errors. When reporting them, please be as specific as possible. To be able to duplicate and correct most problems I need as a minimum, the weapon, exact aircraft, date used, simulation used, campaign name, and anything else you feel might be useful. This is a community project so do not hesitate to point out errors, make suggestions, request new or improved weapons, or better yet, build new weapons to be included with future updates.

Guest zerocinco

The Jamming Pods!!! They show up and they work!!

Is it just me or did I find I had to do zero editing with some of my aircraft to get the weapons working?

Edited by xahldera

Dear Forum users,

I am very new to modding Wings over Vietnam. I want to get this mod nad the aircraft. I have a vanilla WoV anI want to know if I should get the patch first. Also what aircraft are in the Add-on aircraft. Plus I would be intrested in making sure I knew how to use the laser and TV-guided weapons. I have only modded fps before, first time with a sim. Please help. On another note I am using a high-end computer and after a couple of missions it locks up on loading a mission and it quits. that can I do?

Mark

Edited by Mark5388196