Sign in to follow this  
jrdani

Adding Aircraft to WOV Patch 4a

Is there anything different that must be done in order to install add-on aircraft in WOV, Patch 4a (5/25/06)?

I've added the respective aircraft's folder; ie. E-2C, F-14A, FA-18A, F-16 to the ..........\Objects\Aircraft directory and modified the Options.ini file in the main Wings Over Vietnam folder to show an EndYear=2010.

I've tested each one in the Single Mission scenario and the E-2C and F-16 work fine. However, I have one small problem with the FA-18A (not the latest one with the corrupted file) and the F-14A. If I simply load them and don't fly, I can hit the escape key to terminate the mission and they exit to the De-briefing Screen as they should. However, if I load them, fly around and then land, hitting the escape key won't exit to the De-briefing Screen. The screen stays black and I have to do a "hard" shutdown of the computer and then re-boot. I've waited as long as a hour to see if eventually the black screen would disappear. The computer is not "hung-up" because each time I can see and move my mouse pointer.

The reason I'm asking if anything has to be different for WOV Patch 4a (5/25/06) is because I've copied the exact folders (FA-18a and F-14A) from WOV Patch 4a's Aircraft folder to WOV Patch 3's (7/5/05) Aircraft folder, tested them several times in Patch 3 and after flying and landing, hitting the escape key exits properly to the De-Brief Screen every time.

Thanks in advance for any guidance anyone can give me because at this point I'm clueless.

Bump

I have this problem (see original post) only with the F-14A and the FA-18A (not Blackbird's with the corrupted file) and only in WOV Patch 4a (5/25/06). Works fine in Patch 3. I've tried everything I can think of to fix it with no success. Doesn't anyone have any ideas? Any help would be much appreciated.

Just downloaded, installed and tested the F-15A Eagle in WOV Patch 4a. It exits to the Debriefing Screen just as it should. BTW, the F-15 is beautiful.........kudos to the Mirage Factory.