Very nice Caesar! Any plans for other 'Cat skins?

Thank you very much for the compliment,

Currently, I'm working on VF-124's 1972 scheme, but skinning has had to take a back seat to my Calc class, which ends next week. Unfortunately, I completely biffed the tails when I did take some time out to work on it, and that turned into a waste, so maybe this weekend I'll be able to go at it again. On the drawing board are VF-143's 1974 scheme, VF-101's 1974 scheme and hopefully VF-111's 1978 scheme, but it's hard to find pics of -111 in '78; plenty of '80's shots, but few from the late '70's that I could find. Those will come after I finish 124, which itself may not be done for a week or two, but I'm still at it!

Thanks again,

-"Caesar"

Calc, ugh, I hated that class each time I took it :dry: . I have a few F-14 books, so I should be able to look for pics for you and hopefully scan them. :)

Haha, just about everyone I know has taken that confounded class twice or more. This is my second attempt after a year's break from math in general, but I'm actually pulling an A right now (we'll see how it turns out...) As for pics, I appreciate any help for skinning accurately. I got quite a cache o' 'Cat books myself, but the era I've been skinning for is dominated by VF-1, VF-2 and VF-124. Less so, VF-14, -24 and -32, though -211 had a fair number of pics for me to work with. I have a few of -143, and -101, but as for -111, I've got just about nothing. The closest thing I could find was in "F-14 Tomcat: Shipborne Superfighter" in which there is a pic of a Sundowner bird on its tails (90deg-vertical). Thing is, it looks pretty plain: just a big "NL" on its tail in red and bordered in white, with a sharkmouth, number and squadron notation on the ventral fins. It looks more like an early '80's scheme than those worn in the '70's. Of course, it could be the Sundowner's first scheme as Tomcats began toning down around 1978 anyhow.

But again, if you can find anything, that'd be great, and thanks for your offer.

-"C"