Sign in to follow this  
F-4PhantomII

Just Bought LOMAC Gold

Ive got a P4 3 Gig with 1 Gig RAM but a crappy stock Integraded Intel Graphics chipset. Whne I run the Game the Graphics are a complete mess, the planes are all Black with no detail, the cockpits a mess with only the extreme corners regestering anything in color. Is it my Graphics card? Or did I need to shut down more programs during the install? Has this happend to anyone else?

Ive got a P4 3 Gig with 1 Gig RAM but a crappy stock Integraded Intel Graphics chipset. Whne I run the Game the Graphics are a complete mess, the planes are all Black with no detail, the cockpits a mess with only the extreme corners regestering anything in color. Is it my Graphics card? Or did I need to shut down more programs during the install? Has this happend to anyone else?

You can try installing the latest video drivers for your chipset.

With all haste you want to visit your local PC goodies vender or the internet and shop a new card... preferably something in the 256MBDDR2 range, onboard for sim'n is really hard on your hardware, and in many cases well beyond the manufacturers intended purpose / capabilities of the chipset. (when talking onboard video cards).

With all haste you want to visit your local PC goodies vender or the internet and shop a new card... preferably something in the 256MBDDR2 range, onboard for sim'n is really hard on your hardware, and in many cases well beyond the manufacturers intended purpose / capabilities of the chipset. (when talking onboard video cards).

Well it handles WoV on max settings on the highest res with no problems and it looks incredible doing it. I figured I would at least be able to fart around with LOMAC.

Just for my reference what is the part number/manufacturer of your motherboard; I will take a minute and look up the onboard chipset and see if there are some things in the LoMac options (and or ModMan) extended options that will clear up your issue. It is possible that a setting in lomac for "distance to cloud render" is stepping on a memory allocation for something else. In which case by changing the distance vision for cloud render would fix it... just some food for thought.

Well it handles WoV on max settings on the highest res with no problems and it looks incredible doing it. I figured I would at least be able to fart around with LOMAC.

The coding in LOMAC is done in LUA script, and it wasn't the best job of it either (IMO). This could be presenting a whole new set of problems for your on-board video. My advice is to get a seperate video card. That would give you the best chance, though even with the patches (up to 1.02) there will still be bugs. Some of the rest of the fixes are available, but to get them you have to purchase "Flaming Cliffs". Even then it's not all fixed. I wish you luck, and enjoyment if you get it running.

What PC components do you all recommend for best performance with LOMAC ?

For example ; what video card, RAM, CPU do you think would best run this game.

Or you could let us know what you use to run this game.

Thank you

Get a CRAY. My P4 2.4GHz, 2GB Kingston HyperX RAM, ATi 9800Pro, Creative Audigy LS got slide show frame rates. THe code script uses a lot of CPU cycles.