Sign in to follow this  
heavyl

Problem of Mirage Factory's F-5E V.1

I added mirage factory's F-5E V.1 in my Sf Pr 1 but I got some problems as below

1. I can't see the plane's out views when I push the F5 key. I can see only the weapons and fueltanks the plane disapeared.

2. There's no after burner sound and Gun sound. I can't hear these sounds when I fly with mirage's F-5

I just installed as mirage's instruction. Just click his .exe file.

Is there any additional process to complete installation? or Mirage's Lod files have some trouble with Radeon Card? My card is Radeon 800.

Is there anybody to know the solution? Please let me know.

I added mirage factory's F-5E V.1 in my Sf Pr 1 but I got some problems as below

1. I can't see the plane's out views when I push the F5 key. I can see only the weapons and fueltanks the plane disapeared.

2. There's no after burner sound and Gun sound. I can't hear these sounds when I fly with mirage's F-5

Is there any additional process to complete installation? or Mirage's Lod files have some trouble with Radeon Card? My card is Radeon 800.

This is just a guess here, but, Problem 1) sounds like the result of patching your game without backing up the F-5E files. In which case the solution, as Sky Captain says, is to reinstall the plane.

As for Problem 2), I'm guessing that the afterburner and gun sounds are included with another F-5 package. If that's the case, you will have to download and decompress that package to get the files you want and install them. There is probably a readme posted somewhere to that effect.

BTW, I'm using an Radeon X800XL, and I'm having no problem with Mirage's LOD files.

This is just a guess here, but, Problem 1) sounds like the result of patching your game without backing up the F-5E files. In which case the solution, as Sky Captain says, is to reinstall the plane.

As for Problem 2), I'm guessing that the afterburner and gun sounds are included with another F-5 package. If that's the case, you will have to download and decompress that package to get the files you want and install them. There is probably a readme posted somewhere to that effect.

BTW, I'm using an Radeon X800XL, and I'm having no problem with Mirage's LOD files.

Thank you Tristan and Sky Captain,

1. I have no files to back up brfore F-5E installation. This is my first time to install Mirage's F-5 Series.

2. I reinstalled but there's no change. No plane and No sound.

Mirage's F-5E V.1 need just click .exe file right?

Thank you Tristan and Sky Captain,

1. I have no files to back up brfore F-5E installation. This is my first time to install Mirage's F-5 Series.

2. I reinstalled but there's no change. No plane and No sound.

Mirage's F-5E V.1 need just click .exe file right?

Where did you dowload it from?

Do you have double nested files? (Look in your SF's/objects/aircraft and then open your F-5 folder if you have another F-5 folder inside then that is your problem)

install the plane in a temp folder then copy the files manualy ... might help

did you select the path to your MAIN SF folder in the install dialog ?

see pic below, once you arive on that screen, click on the "..." tab to the right of the empty line/window (white), then browse to your main SF folder.....

post-2042-1153180204_thumb.jpg

Thank you evrybody. Finally, I found soulution.

My solution is very weard.

I found some aircrafts in SFP1 have just one LOD file. For example A-7E (by AD, Rafael, Marcello and column5) has just one LOD file (A-7E.LOD) and it works.

So, I tried to deleted some "Lod" files in my F-5E directory. F-5E-001.LOD, F-5E-002.LOD, and F-5E-003.LOD are deleted.

And I edited F-5E.ini file as below

[LOD001]

Filename=F-5E.lod

Distance=4000

And I deleted rest contents of [Lod00X]

Then It works! I can see the plane and hear sound of AB and Gun!!!!

I have no idea why this solution works, but I'm very happy now because my F-5E works

Thank you very much for your advices.