Sign in to follow this  
roree

thanks for the gun help. now an anti ship question sfp1

First of all thank you for the help with the gun mods. I thank I am getting addicted to this. Anyway, how do I modify the basic anti ship mission in sfp1 so that I can have Ossas and the like guarding the cargo ships and tanker? Thanks.

Guest capun

You will have to create a custom mission, either by hand or using one of the two mission editors.

You will have to create a custom mission, either by hand or using one of the two mission editors.

You don't really have to do this-just tweak you "INI" files. I had this SAME question acouple of weeks ago.

Here's the basics: (BACK UP YOUR ORIGINAL FILES)

STEP ONE:

1. Open up the CARGOSHIP and TANKER data files

2. Change years available to something like 1910 to 1930 so they dont show up during your mission years.

3. Change the availability to "RARE".

STEP TWO

4. Open the GROUNDOBJECTDATA. ini file and add your ships.

5. Open the OBJECTDATALIST.ini file and add your ships to the list of other groundobjects.

6. Open the data file for the new ships and make the years available to something like 1940-2010

7. Change the AVAILABILITY to VERY_COMMON ( make sure you include the "_" or it won't work.

8. Change their function?? (I'm at work so excuse this) from "WARSHIP" to "CARGO_SHIP" (remember to include the "_" or this won't work.

9. Change the NATION to "GENERIC" or "SOVIET" (since I fly mostly US aircraft I changed mine to SOVIET.

10. You may also change the amount of ships that apear to 6 or 7 to make it more challenging.

Thats it. if this doesn't work send me a message and I will post my files.

Semper

we dont use the ground object data ini any more. Go to thirwire and get the patch. :)