Sign in to follow this  
Fates

McFly's Departure From USAF

Sad news on the USAF front today. Tyler McFly of McFly's Hanger has announced that he is leaving the USAF scene to pursue a career in guitar-making. The site will stay online for the time being but he will be putting very little time into it at this point. I personally am sorry to see him go and wish him the best in his new passion. Here's his announcement:

Hello all –

I must make an announcement that I will be leaving the active flight sim world and returning to another love of my life.  

Some of you may be aware that I also have an interest in guitar making. I joined NAMM (Nation Association of Music Merchandisers or something like that) a few years ago with the idea to start a small guitar shop called TNM Guitars. Recently a local entertainer commissioned me to build him an instrument. My first job! Since they are made entirely by hand, they are very time intensive. In addition, I also have a part time job. There’s not enough time to do everything.  

I must say that this community has enriched my life the last few years beyond measure, and I am very grateful for the acceptance of McFly Aviation as one of your sources for info on our favorite game. I will leave the site up for as long as anyone needs the files. (Secret – I have the files for the Falkland Island aircraft from Ariel Cancio. He’s asked me to release them on April 2 which will be done.) I still have a few items that were sent that I plan on uploading, so for those of you that sent your skins and tips be patient please.

Since I’m not dying, I’m not saying goodbye to anyone. I just won’t be visiting and kibitzing everyday. USAF is still a blast to me and will be a part of my leisure.

Take care, everyone.

Terry McArthur

Aka Tyler McFly

McFlys departure will be a big blow to the USAF community. He has been the coordinator of so many talented people. His website, although it will remain active for some time, has been THEE source for all things related to such a great game.

I've known McFly since day one of the website. His Contributions to the USAF community will be missed. I hope his future is filled with as much happiness as he's provided for those that love this game.

Cheers!

(Note SIG....Riding Off Into the Sunset)

Fates, what do you think about us stepping in and offering Biohaz as a place for USAF'ers to congregate? I am more than willing to donate filespace for the mods, and we have forums, etc. I wouldn't presume to replace McFly's site, but it would give them a place to congregate and continue work on this great old sim.

If you think it's a good idea, how would you feel about approaching the community over there?

Thought about offering Mcfly my space as well. However, Biohazcentral would work so much better. The message has been sent to McFly.

Guest Ranger332

both sound like fantastic ideas

Indeed Mcfly will be missed. Hope you have as much luck as you had with Mcfly's Aviation. <S>!

Great Idea Jeff. That would give the USAF modders somewhere to put there nice mods for USAF. I still pop in USAF from time to time, and enjoy a ride.. My first Offcial Flight Sim. :D

Cylix