Sign in to follow this  
Manic Fred

Avionics

Hi to all,

i'm new here and don't know if there are some posts about this.

Will there all Systems of each plane are be modelled (realistic), such as NAV-Systems (INS or others), Damage-Display. Is it possible, to enter new coordinates in flight into NAV-Computer (change waypoints) or have we to fly simply waypoint for waypoint like in 'Strike Fighters' or other 'light' Sims?

Sorry about my English, it's a bit rusty!

Greetings from Germany and a good start in 2007!

Manic Fred

Greetings!

i'm new here and don't know if there are some posts about this.

Will there all Systems of each plane are be modelled (realistic), such as NAV-Systems (INS or others), Damage-Display.

"Damage display": each simulated plane realistically has a different set of warning lights in the cockpit. Fire, Hydraulics Failure, Oil Pressure etc. Flight Manual procedures are taken according to the light and what it warns.

Is it possible, to enter new coordinates in flight into NAV-Computer (change waypoints) or have we to fly simply waypoint for waypoint like in 'Strike Fighters' or other 'light' Sims?

Yes, this is important - some planes in this campaign have only TACAN, while a few are equipped with the VLF Omega nav system, but the Sea Harrier has the quite advanced NAVHARS, while for example, in ground mapping radar mode, you can mark and designate a place in the radar picture and the system will generate the visual navigation cue in the HUD - manually-inserted waypoints on the fly, to sum up.