Sign in to follow this  
Thumper41

Terrain Help Needed for FE

I originally posted this over in the First Eagles forum, but haven't had much luck so I thought I'd post it here, where some of the experienced terrain modders might see it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thumper

Firecage (and anyone else working on new terrrains), as I was installing this new terrain, I thought that terrains in FE should work the same as those in TK's other sims. So, I created a new folder called "wwiVerdun winter" and unzipped your terrain files to it. Then I copied the wwiVerdun.ini file to this folder and renamed it "wwiVerdun winter.ini". I opened this file and added the following line:

CatFile=..\wwiVerdun\wwiVerdun.cat

I placed this at the end of the [Terrain] section. This line points to the original Verdun terrain .cat file.

Now, when I open FE and set up a single mission, I have both the original and new winter terrains in the drop down terrain menu. However, when I select the winter terrain and try to fly a mission, FE crashes back to the desktop at about 80% loaded. I'm pretty sure I'm on the right track, just need to do a little more research. If we can get this resolved, it will be simple to have multiple terrains available for missions. Maybe someone here has experience with SFP1, WOV, and/or WOE terrains and can help out?

Thumper