I've noticed that on some cockpits, there's clipping of the polygons/model when I look around. In other words, as I mouse around in cockpit view, parts of the plane seem to be disappearing at angles.

Does anyone know if there's a line setting in one of the config files to play with this clipping? Thanks in advance. :rolleyes:

Are you talking about big white lines going across the screen and parts of the cockpit flickering? I found that lowering the graphics settings, such as cockpit details on medium and shadows and mirrors off helps. Then again, it could be a graphics card problem, try upgrading your drivers. What graphic cards are you using?

Are you talking about big white lines going across the screen and parts of the cockpit flickering? I found that lowering the graphics settings, such as cockpit details on medium and shadows and mirrors off helps. Then again, it could be a graphics card problem, try upgrading your drivers. What graphic cards are you using?

Actually, it happened on my old graphics card too, and on another PC too, plus (unfortunately in this case) I do have the latest drivers. No, it's the same clipping you'd get in a 3D program if the camera or its zoom is too close to an object =( the solution for this is to lower the zoom or pull the camera back, but I'm not sure what the equivalent is like in SFP1. Thankfully, it only happens with a few models.

Actually, it happened on my old graphics card too, and on another PC too, plus (unfortunately in this case) I do have the latest drivers. No, it's the same clipping you'd get in a 3D program if the camera or its zoom is too close to an object =( the solution for this is to lower the zoom or pull the camera back, but I'm not sure what the equivalent is like in SFP1. Thankfully, it only happens with a few models.

Here's an image as an example - (I've circled the problem part) - notice how parts of the plane disappear?! Does anyone know of a setting (e.g., something in an aircraft.ini file?) that can be played with to fix it?

post-7171-1169263816_thumb.jpg

Here's an image as an example - (I've circled the problem part) - notice how parts of the plane disappear?! Does anyone know of a setting (e.g., something in an aircraft.ini file?) that can be played with to fix it?

post-7171-1169263816_thumb.jpg

Any thoughts? I've tried to scan through the ini file for clipping, but I'm not sure it's the correct search term... :dntknw:

Any thoughts? I've tried to scan through the ini file for clipping, but I'm not sure it's the correct search term... :dntknw:

There is a "minimum view distance" that is defined in the flightengine.ini (this has to be extracted to edit)... There is a variable in there that you can reduce to allow this to be corrected. However, bare in mind... that if a plane is relying on this minimum view distance to hide parts of the plane, they will become viable. (there are a few WWII birds that do this)

If you wish to experiment with this, I have a modified flightengine.ini file included with one of my P.11c packages...

Go here: Zur-TECH.com and download the P.11c (Not the one for use in First Eagles)... and you'll find it in that package.

Good luck!

There is a "minimum view distance" that is defined in the flightengine.ini (this has to be extracted to edit)... There is a variable in there that you can reduce to allow this to be corrected. However, bare in mind... that if a plane is relying on this minimum view distance to hide parts of the plane, they will become viable. (there are a few WWII birds that do this)

If you wish to experiment with this, I have a modified flightengine.ini file included with one of my P.11c packages...

Go here: Zur-TECH.com and download the P.11c (Not the one for use in First Eagles)... and you'll find it in that package.

Good luck!

Ahh - thanks! So it sounds like it's a global change and not an individual aircraft mod...

I'll give it a try.