Sign in to follow this  
snapple2993

Cup Crazy!

Anaheim Will be Western Conference Champs for Sure :)

Minnosota Wild coming off 2 Game 7's while Anahiem Whooping on the 2 Tops Seeds.

World Champion Chips Are Off somewhat. not the smae level of play.

not to mention when some one like germany starts talking crap they speak in german and you dont know if they said "kiss my ... " or " ... You" or OSmething else.

lol

i watched the Game Vs Sweden and I Was Hearing Swedish Curse on the bench.. lol...

NJ plays has played the best "D" for the past 8 or so years, with Pat Burns behind the bench the team "D" has only gotten better, eventually NJ will start going back to the hard nosed brutal checking that has knocked Ottawa out of the playoffs the previous 3 years (by Toronto), I would not count Minn. out yet its only been one game, and they seem to be able to come back from anything, "Jiggy's" gonna faulter in one of the games and will probably lose it after that, same thing happened to Kevin Weekes last year... when it comes down to it I think NJ's gonna take Ottawa in 6 games, and be able to beat whoever comes out of the west in 5.

Note: I hate the Devil's but they do have the track record, and nobody is better than Brodeur in the playoffs, not even Roy or Giguere.

I hope they win. I don't like the Mighty Ducks.

Greetings

Dutchy

It is 2 against 2.

Who's gonna win?

And can you tell me when the next season start?

When this game is over it is almost mid-summer 8)

Salute

Dutchy

hey dutchy, i noticed you mentioned the 1980 lake placid olympics... my dad (norman Groen #17) played for the dutch team do u know any sites where i could find pics of the team or their games... thx

Anthony Groen

Groen, I hope you get mine message.

If not, I put what I wrote also here.

I was 5 year when Olympic Lake Placid was. I heard and seen the pictures later. Sorry that I never heard about your dad that he was in the team.

I have some tips for you. Maybe you can ask at www.nijb.nl (official dutch icehockey site) and www.ijshockey.com for more information. On the last are links to Dutch teams. And maybe you find there more.

Maybe had your father played in a Dutch team as Heerenveen, Tilburg or other.

About over few weeks had Feenstra Flyers Heerenveen a reunion event.

Players from early eighties (some played with your father in Lake Placid) are there. I go also, to see what the olds do now. And maybe when I can ask questions to them I shall ask if they remember Norman Groen.

The coach of Amsterdam has also played in Lake Placid and is famous in the Dutch Icehockey. So I hope I can ask him about your dad.

Let me know and keep me up with your search, I do what I can do for you.

Salute

Dutchy