Sign in to follow this  
navychief

A question about "Steel Beasts".....

Hi all.

I don't post here much. Used to, when it was known as BioHazard Central. At any rate, I am thinking of getting the sim, "Steel Beasts", but don't know much about it.

I see, from my google searches, that there apparently is more than one version. Which one is worth getting, if any of them?

Thanks. Am running Windows XP, a BFG 7800GT 512MB video card, and dual processors.

Hey Firehawkordy, email me, shipmate! I sent you a message weeks ago, but haven't heard back from ya!

Navy Chief

Edited by navychief

Chief,

I have Steel Beasts Gold, which was the original verison with some expanded scenarios. Basically this is a simulator of modern tank operations in either an M1A1 or a Lepoard 2 main battle tank. I have not played it in about 5yrs but it was pretty fun at the time I was playing it. If I remember there isn't a campaign as much rather a series of missions that you will engage such targets as T-72's, BMP's, Mi-24's, BTR's etc. It is supposed to be customizable and pretty easy to do editing and modding. The current verison that you can buy is a modified verision of the one that the company sells to the military and government. It is called Steel Beast Pro- Personal Edition. The only thing is that at 125 dollars it is completely out of my price range. I would recommend that you do a search online at Ebay or even amazon for Steel Beasts Gold. That will give you best game at the cheapest price.

I think that website, Steelbests.com, which is a fan site would let you know more about the game and its versions.

Chief,

I have Steel Beasts Gold, which was the original verison with some expanded scenarios. Basically this is a simulator of modern tank operations in either an M1A1 or a Lepoard 2 main battle tank. I have not played it in about 5yrs but it was pretty fun at the time I was playing it. If I remember there isn't a campaign as much rather a series of missions that you will engage such targets as T-72's, BMP's, Mi-24's, BTR's etc. It is supposed to be customizable and pretty easy to do editing and modding. The current verison that you can buy is a modified verision of the one that the company sells to the military and government. It is called Steel Beast Pro- Personal Edition. The only thing is that at 125 dollars it is completely out of my price range. I would recommend that you do a search online at Ebay or even amazon for Steel Beasts Gold. That will give you best game at the cheapest price.

I think that website, Steelbests.com, which is a fan site would let you know more about the game and its versions.

Thanks!

NC

Thanks!

NC

Hi navychief you should checkout Steelbeasts at Sim Hq also there is another tank sim there really

worth looking at WWII Battle Tanks: T34 vs Tiger.