Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tazkiller

Planes Exploding On Carrier Launch

Guest Tazkiller

I know this was a problem delt with in the past, and I have done some searches at Sim HQ and here, but don't seem to find an answer.

Here is the set-up. Strike Fighters Project 1. Patched to SF P1 V30.08.06. Using Edwards Korean Air War dated July 28, 2005.

Upgraded to Edward's Korean War Mod Update dated October 14,2006.

At this point ,no other modifications.

Problem: On Entering the Campaign, selecting U.S.Navy, selecting VF112, F-9F Panther.

The sim loads, then upon entering the mission there is an explosion.

Red Crown says, "Check Fire Check Fire, We have Friendly Fire in the Area"

In the past I had thought it was do to a problem of the plane materalizing inside the carrier deck.

No other Modifications done except what I have listed.

Can someone help! :sorry:

"Check Fire Check Fire, We have Friendly Fire in the Area"( gets your attention, doesn't it :grin: )

If I remember correctly, you have to un-install the old campaign, including the old Korea terrain. Then install the new

upgraded version(it's a complete package). If you installed the "new" over the "old", this may be the source of your

problem. Hope this helps.

I remember having that problem constantly.

Go into the campaign data file and change the carrier type to a different one. That's the easiest way to do it. I eventually got the correct carrier working fiddling with god knows how many ini parameters.