Sign in to follow this  
Firecage

Firecage Plane Fest ver 2.0

I've DL the file but I see that the N-24 and N-24b are listed as required aircraft. Where can we get them? They are not yet here at Combat Ace.

Thanks again for the work you have done to make this sim more enjoyable.

sinbad

go to view new posts, scroll down to bottom, select topics for the last week,find n24 thread, goto page 4 theres a rar for both!

I've DL the file but I see that the N-24 and N-24b are listed as required aircraft. Where can we get them? They are not yet here at Combat Ace.

Thanks again for the work you have done to make this sim more enjoyable.

sinbad

I think Montyz,Tex, EmlD, and the rest have them all up at Combat ace Download sections. You will now need the N11,17,24,24bis,28 while your there. read the .doc file in the zip and it will have links to the areas you will need to find all planes in my plane fest campaign.

Enjoy

Hi Firecage,

On Ver 2.0, I can't seem to start in the DH2 with RAF, I get started with the N11. I checked in the missions and the DH2 is flyable. Not sure what the problem is. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks so much for your work on your campaings -- they are more engging than just the missions.

read the .doc file in the zip and it will have links to the areas you will need to find all planes in my plane fest campaign

Sorry, but in the zip of Version 2.0 is no .doc file :)

Wow these are happening quick FC ! I bet you're already working on 2.5 including the updated Bristol M1C !

Not sure what happened. Here are the data and the regular INI . just copy the info out of these into the ones you have and you wont have to DL the whole thing again.

Mine is working fine but I DL'd the one from CA and it had the same problem as you described.

THis one should be fine. I have been flying the DH2 in it.

wwiCamp3_DATA.txt

wwiCamp3.txt

Edited by Firecage

Sorry, but in the zip of Version 2.0 is no .doc file :)

Look in the camp03 folder. IF not try to re download it.

I had the same problem with an RFC career - was going to post here to ask about it - but saw the new .ini files and it's working fine now. I would also CTD on No 41 squadron too. And every loading screen said Spa 73. Now it's fixed - thanks!

Wow these are happening quick FC ! I bet you're already working on 2.5 including the updated Bristol M1C !

Firecage, thanks for posting the V2 Fest "patch" and for your hard work; I also noticed that I was forced to start with the N11 in BOTH the RFC and GermanAF... over the weekend.

RE: the Bristol M1C, I think it is a beautiful model and very well executed, I have it downloaded myself and fly it on occassion. However my vote [if it counts for anything] would be to not include it in future versions since it wasn't used in the Western Front, OR, have it as an option for those who do want it... That would be the egalitarian thing to do I suppose... :biggrin:

BB

Firecage, thanks for posting the V2 Fest "patch" and for your hard work; I also noticed that I was forced to start with the N11 in BOTH the RFC and GermanAF... over the weekend.

RE: the Bristol M1C, I think it is a beautiful model and very well executed, I have it downloaded myself and fly it on occassion. However my vote [if it counts for anything] would be to not include it in future versions since it wasn't used in the Western Front, OR, have it as an option for those who do want it... That would be the egalitarian thing to do I suppose... :biggrin:

BB

Quite right Bandy. The Bristol Monoplane wasn't utilised on the western front afaik (unfortunately) and therefore shouldn't be included. And I agree, the updated version from Laton is a beaut little model.

I guess I was making comment more about the rapidity of new plane releases / versions and Firecage desperately trying to keep his excellent plane fest campaign up to date LOL !

FC,

Just loaded up v2 with patches supplied above, and when trying to fly French (either use a previous v1.5 French pilot campaign, OR even start a new v2 French pilot campaign...) and it crashes the game everytime.

Something must be missing, or there is a conflict with my old v1.5 French campaign, and I don't know where to edit it out...

v2 does NOT crash when starting an RFC campaign though. I will redownload your patches and try again, and report.

Meanwhile, anyone else experiencing this?

BB

Hey peoples <wave>

Ok heres how I want to solve this. I built a new PC this weekend and installed a fresh version of FE and I did fresh installs of all the planes. I took the camp3_data.ini and removed every reference to any skins being called up. Even the ones that may have been included with each plane, this was mostly all bombers. I have found this to be a number one cause of crashes from game is calling up a paint scheme thats not available or named wrong.

After I got all the stuff installed I started the campaign and double checked that every french unit gets N11 to start, RAF gets DH2, Germans D1 alb. I tested each squad to make sure of plane types and what you saw on the screen is what you get in the air.

On your end please delete the old wwicamp3 folder completly. Then place the one in the new new downloaded wwicamp3 folder in its place. THis avoids any chance of overwrite problems and names of things being different that I may have missed.

THis will be what I have here on a fresh install of FE and planes.

I also just finished reloading the files to CA so if you want to get this fresh made zip file its available as ver 2.1

Please dont be shy about posting things going wrong, im not amazing talent at code and have made mistakes before and thats why we see new versions of the plane fest from time to time. I good at listening to any ideas you have and will use what I can in the next releases.

** Note I saw the post from Capun on planes that are otw out and I also saw someone posted a new FM for Borts planes. I am going to take a look at the new FM and see if we can get the early E models back in the campaign and also I am eager to get my hands on the early war planes I saw capun post as up coming plane releases.... ahhh its going to be a good year 8)

Let me know if this helps and stops the DTDs :good:

Ok let me get this out there so I keep my intentions pure....

99% of the reason I drop or add any planes from the campaign was lack of other planes that were it's equal. It had zero to do with any dark powers or special group of people I am in with.

If there was a secret handshake meeting some where I musta missed it 8(

I don't want a war at all. If you look at a recent post of mine whats killing me is lack of Early way planes that are available. I think too many games made too many of the late WWI era, and almost none of the early war stuff. Now I see capun and some others putting out the early stuff. And I had said all along if I can get planes that are fun to fly against each other then they go in. Fun is about 90 % of my selection process.

If any one wants to msg me I have an acct here at CA and I answer any thing that gets sent, thats not just full of profanity... limit it too a few mean words and im cool, Im not darth Vader or anything 8)

Ok let me get this out there so I keep my intentions pure....

99% of the reason I drop or add any planes from the campaign was lack of other planes that were it's equal. It had zero to do with any dark powers or special group of people I am in with.

If there was a secret handshake meeting some where I musta missed it 8(

I don't want a war at all. If you look at a recent post of mine whats killing me is lack of Early way planes that are available. I think too many games made too many of the late WWI era, and almost none of the early war stuff. Now I see capun and some others putting out the early stuff. And I had said all along if I can get planes that are fun to fly against each other then they go in. Fun is about 90 % of my selection process.

If any one wants to msg me I have an acct here at CA and I answer any thing that gets sent, thats not just full of profanity... limit it too a few mean words and im cool, Im not darth Vader or anything 8)

Hmmmm .... didn't know there was any antagonism toward you FC nor any hidden agendas. I just appreciate you doing the plane fests regardless of A/C used and I cannot see any intention on your part to favour one A/C over another for anything other than improved gameplay. Some people perhaps have too much time or meat on their hands.

Hmmmm .... didn't know there was any antagonism toward you FC nor any hidden agendas. I just appreciate you doing the plane fests regardless of A/C used and I cannot see any intention on your part to favour one A/C over another for anything other than improved gameplay. Some people perhaps have too much time or meat on their hands.

No one has been nasty I just get PMs on different planes that are in or not in and I don't want any one to feel they were treated unfairly. I get alot of msg's on Bort's planes and I am going to dangle a carrot out there for someone to match the bort series of planes for the allies so we can have some good early war action going on.

There are quite a few planes in the works from alot fo different places that are working on these idea's already.

I would like to see someone even work out the idea of a 2 seater with one guy firing a rifle weapon! Give the area of coverage a good wide spot since he could bend around alot but, maybe make it 6-10 secs per single round shots.

If I recall correctly some early planes used deflectors on the props so the bullets didn't eat the prop in two, this was before the sync gears were developed.

Thats an area I would like to see as well as more adjustable balloons and such.

Okay thanks for clearing that up FC. I really couldn't understand why anyone would flame you as you're doing a great job imo with your plane fest campaigns which I'm thoroughly enjoying. And I agree ... the early years of the Great War are usually neglected so it'd be good to focus on this area.

I believe the French aviator Roland Garros was one of the first (if not the first) person to employ deflector plates on his prop in his Morane Saulnier N monoplane (I think). It'd be nice to get a few Morane's in FE particularly the high wing Parasol monoplane (Tony Fokker loved the idea so much he eventually produced the D8).