Sign in to follow this  
Firecage

Firecage Plane Fest 3.0

Firecage Plane Fest 3.0

HERE IT IS

1. As promised I now have German bomber squadrons that are playable. This is a hard way to go but I have a feeling some of you are just crazy enough to try it so here it is. I would be open to feedback on this release. I am trying to see if it’s feasible to work as a bomber pilot through a war like this.

2. And I am begging for someone to get us some cockpits for the new allied bombers so I can get a flyable allied bomber squadron. If we don’t see something soon I will just make a bomber squad from the planes I know work with bombs well.

3. I have decided to split up the camels between different RAF squadrons. Some of the Squads will upgrade to F1 (Mikes plane) and other will have the Camel (A team’s Plane). I was kind of waiting for the A team to release the Sopwith Triplane but I feel it was time to get all the new planes in and let everyone at them. I Promise the tripe is in as soon as it hits the market… if you know Capun and the team send them more women and wine and keep them motivated

4. The good news is I have included all the newer bombers and planes that have come out recently. So there may be quite a few different bombers in the air at times for both allied and German. ** see list below. The bombers will now cycle through upgrades to plane just as the rest of the fighter squads, both AI and human

5. The RAF now will have a choice between starting with the DH2 or the new Fe2B. I made about equal number of each available.

6. EVERY fighter squad is now on a separate plane update date. This way all the planes will kind show up on a spread and not just all at once everywhere on the same days. There was some variance by the game and this just adds more.

7. Peter01 is working on some FM changes to bort’s originals and I am going to try and get them in on the next run if it works well. I flew them this last weekend and tried to work it where they were up against some of the earliest planes available to me and it may be something that works. What I may do is just like with the German bomber squad I make just one German EIII squad start on them if you wish to use those as a starting point it will be available.

8. I know Bort's planes being taken out has caused some hard feelings and none were intended at all. I won’t go off here just saying I’m fine with dropping it all and moving on, I hope everyone can do the same.

The full plane list that is needed for this Campaign (3.0) to work:

Fe2B

Br14

Nieuport11

Nieuport17

N24

N24bis

N28

SPAD7, 12, 13 conversion

HP400

BE-2

BE-2A

BE-2D

Dh2

Pup

Camel

CamelF1

SE5a

Dolphin

Walfisch

Staaken

AviatikC2

DFWC5

GothaVI

PfalzD3

AlbatrosD1, 2, 3

AlbatrosD5a

SchuckertD3

Dr1

Just an FYI, There will be a new version out tonight late or tomorrow that will include the new sopwith Triplane

Also im glad to say that inclusion of Bort's planes will be available once again. I am going to include the link in the new download that will point to peter01's new FM files for these planes. Its up to you which FM you use.

I am going to try for all of bort's planes to be included and I will set some squads to use them and some that won't. This will give everyone the option of starting germans on EIII's or Alb D1's.

Any of the bomber planes WITH a cockpit will be added into the flyable german bomber squad so you can have every flyable german bomber type available through out the campaign as upgrades. IF there are no cockpits then they will be included as AI bomber squads.

I am in the works of trying to get an allied bomber squad (flyable) so anyone who wants to take that path can have it available. I saw last night that Bort has some newer allied planes and I will get them included if I can with this release. I am hopeful this may give us the allied bomber squad I was wanting to include.

In the new release I will also include a squads_readme.txt file that will list the upgrades on planes for each squad so you can see which upgrade lines are in the squadrons. I have had a few requests for this so people who want to see certain planes in the upgrade lines can pick the squad that gives them what they want. I hope this help's in choosing a path to follow.

Thanks to TK, Ateam, Tex, GRViper, Peter01, Bortdafarm, Emld, Laton, MontyZ, & Aladar for all their fine work. IF i forgot someone im sorry I try to not miss anyone.

If you have a mod or want something included in the plane fest contact me through CA msg center and Im always glad to hear good idea's

Enjoy and have fun! :good:

Good stuff Firecage, way to go :clapping:

Thanks for all the hard work too.

Edited by peter01