Sign in to follow this  
Southside Bucky

Mission uploaded

Hi guys.

Having just recently discovered the brilliant KMD mission builder, I've spent most of Easter creating single missions just like I used to love doing in dear old RB3D.

The first one I've uploaded (more to come!) is a 'what if' scenario, but being a bit of a stickler for historical accuracy, I've tried to make it as authentic as the game will allow. The Read Me will explain.

Get it here:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autom...p;showfile=4477

Have fun!

Regards.

Bucky.

(S!) ALL hi ;-)

Very nice! and thank you. :clapping:

Was fun for some short time I tried it.

Will get back to it sometime today for a longer play.

your friend in the FE sky

v. Deutschmark

Well, no body else is providing feedback, so I might as well give it a go...

I had fun flying the mission. On my first go I managed to get 2 or 3 of the VIII's and my wingmen got 1 each (is there 5 of the NME?), and we all returned to base safely, if shot up a bit. The flak is nice and active, but didn't factor in (was this a setting you choose? If so, well done). Other tries resulted in less than ideal results... :blush: So I guess it is a relatively balanced mission.

As far as I can tell, when missions are prepared for download, the designer chooses whether to start on the runway or in the air and players are then locked in when they play. Many prefer to start on the runway for "immersion", and those that don't have the time for a runway start can always jump ahead or time-warp to the combat, so being forced to start in the air is perhaps not preferred. As well, having a mission start with the NME RIGHT on yer flank at guns range seems a bit unrealistic, unless they are coming out/down from the sun, and I don't think this is the case in this mission (correct me if I'm wrong).

Thus a runway start would allow for players to build better altitude, better situational awareness, etc. which is probably NOT what you were after in the mission: that "just got jumped" feeling...

Wouldn't it be great if the AI cannot be targeted if they have the sun behind them??? Or maybe if they are 6 O'clock high???

Hey, Thanks a lot for your input B Bandy RFC!

Yeah, you're quite right, I was going for that surprise factor, but the DVIII's are too close at start up...I'll amend that sometime soon. Unless I can make 'em attack out of the sun...That's a good idea BBF!

I'm glad that you found it quite challenging, I think the AI is reasonably aggressive enough to keep you on your toes, although it could be better.

The weather and flak are set at 'Random' for a bit of re-playability in this particular mission, but the next one I do will have specific settings because I'll try to replicate an historical action. (I've spent the best part of two days researching it!)

I'll certainly bear your comments in mind regarding the airfield start. It's just a personal preference of mine to get stuck in quick, but as you say, you can always fast forward to the action anyway.

Once again, thanks for your time. You too Tripoli and V. Deutschmark!

All the best.

Bucky.

Those DVIIIs are hard to nail!! Or maybe I'm just a crap pilot..he he! I only hit one by accident and he went diving for his lines. I followed and riddled him with all 4 of those dolphin guns when i got real close. He dived straight in to the ground. Nice mission. I need to practice more.