I am fairly new to the board and to WOE. I hadn't picked up a flight sim since the USNF/ATF/FA series. AWACS... I know there is an E-2 for download but, do these systems work? Can you fly in an silent emcon state and receive track data? I liked the fact that in FA you could fly silent and still have awareness if you had an E-3 up.

I am fairly new to the board and to WOE. I hadn't picked up a flight sim since the USNF/ATF/FA series. AWACS... I know there is an E-2 for download but, do these systems work? Can you fly in an silent emcon state and receive track data? I liked the fact that in FA you could fly silent and still have awareness if you had an E-3 up.

nope :sorry:

I'm an E-2 and E-3 guy by former trade. That isn't modelled - yet.

One thing you can do to simulate getting the data link is to have your visual targetting set to easy. That is kinda like having a real controller backing you up.

I do that once in awhile although most of the time I leave it at normal. depends on the tactical situation that I've set up.

the E-2 model available is OK for background traffic. It doesn't fly right though - the FM is way, way off. And it adds nothing functional to the sim.

Unfortunatley, only the ECM and radar search/track options emulate the real thing. ALthough, they're not quite spot on either. The game engine can't handle a lot of the operations of AEW/AWACS just yet... :nono: