Sign in to follow this  
FalconC45

Anime

I totally recommend Macross to anyone who likes aircraft-you gotta go 'grey-market' to get one of the best Macross series,though:the prequal Macross Zero..............call or post to ADV and ask for Macross Zero-you'll love it!!!

Found a "new" one" while on vacation, Eureka7. Pretty good story line, cute girl, giant robots, end of the world with a twist. I guess that it was on the Cartoon Network's Adult Swim but I missed it. A friend loaned me the tapes he made and it was the best 10+ hours I ever wasted in a long time.

I'm planning on getting the DVD's , at least one a paycheck. The Manga is good also but it's a little different from the anime. Looking at getting Full Metal Panic and FMP The Second Raid next month.

One of my friends asked my once why I get as much anime and manga as I do and my reply was .....

Because I can. :biggrin:

Found a "new" one" while on vacation, Eureka7. Pretty good story line, cute girl, giant robots, end of the world with a twist. I guess that it was on the Cartoon Network's Adult Swim but I missed it. A friend loaned me the tapes he made and it was the best 10+ hours I ever wasted in a long time.

I'm planning on getting the DVD's , at least one a paycheck. The Manga is good also but it's a little different from the anime. Looking at getting Full Metal Panic and FMP The Second Raid next month.

One of my friends asked my once why I get as much anime and manga as I do and my reply was .....

I love Eureka 7. Yeah it has a good storyline and cute girls. I had a stupid crush on Tohoe hehehe :biggrin:

Falcon

UGGGHHHHH I hated Eureka 7! I just never got into it and I still watched it! I'll never get those hours of my life back! But a science fiction anime I do reccomend is the Original Appleseed, not the CGI remake which cuts alot of the original story out! But other than that the only other anime's I own are, Akira, X, and Kannazuki no Miko ( I love this one, and all other Shoujo-Ai's!). But I am realy trying to find the Area 88 DVD's for under 20 bucks.

Area88, complete collection......

http://www.advfilms.com/CatalogFilms_Volumes.asp?ID=2044

All episodes for download $4.99 ea

http://www.advuniverse.com/default.php?cPath=38

There is some new anime out that I'm looking forward to seeing, 009-1 and Black Lagoon being two of them. NewType magazine has 009-1 on it's cover disc and there is a new mag out this month, Otaku USA, almost as good as NewType but written for the Gaijin, err, us round eyes. :crazy:

Eureka7 is one of those that you either like or not. When it was on Adult Swim the description never hooked me so I didn't see it when it first aired. I saw the first few on On Demand and by #4 I was wanting more. My only complaint is that the ending was a bit of a let down, but it did leave me wanting more. Hopefully a second series will be made. Just don't include annoying brats this time.

Edited by firehawkordy

I saw a preview of 009-1 few days ago.. Didn't grab me. Didn't like the look and IMHO the animation itself looked rushed. Black Lagoon? As in the creature? Tell me more.

Falcon