File Name: VFA-22 Redcocks

File Submitter: paul.nortness

File Submitted: 2 May 2007

File Category: F/A-18

Installation Instructions

-------------------------

This will overwrite my existing VFA-22 Redcocks skin. Delete that skin prior to installing this one.

This new skin uses decals for the graphics, allowing you to have the CAG's A/C along with the standard grey squadron birds. To use the CAG's skin, just select modex 300 in the loadout screen.

One note, the USN skips modex x08 and x09. The game engine cannot simulate this. I had to fudge a little and use creative impression to get around this. If you select 308, the aircraft will actually show "310" in game. Not a big deal...but could cause a little confusion.

1. Copy the VFA22 and Decals folders to your \OBJECTS\AIRCRAFT\FA-18a folder.

Thats it! Launch SFP1/WoV/WOE and select the VFA-22 skin from the F/A-18A loadout screen.

Click here to download this file

File Name: VFA-22 Redcocks

File Submitter: paul.nortness

File Submitted: 2 May 2007

File Category: F/A-18

Installation Instructions

-------------------------

This will overwrite my existing VFA-22 Redcocks skin. Delete that skin prior to installing this one.

This new skin uses decals for the graphics, allowing you to have the CAG's A/C along with the standard grey squadron birds. To use the CAG's skin, just select modex 300 in the loadout screen.

One note, the USN skips modex x08 and x09. The game engine cannot simulate this. I had to fudge a little and use creative impression to get around this. If you select 308, the aircraft will actually show "310" in game. Not a big deal...but could cause a little confusion.

1. Copy the VFA22 and Decals folders to your \OBJECTS\AIRCRAFT\FA-18a folder.

Thats it! Launch SFP1/WoV/WOE and select the VFA-22 skin from the F/A-18A loadout screen.

Click here to download this file

awesome. This was my son's squadron over Afghanistan so this has particular meaning to me.

Can I use this in an F-18C Block 36 release?

We've only got one F/A-18 model out there...don't quote me, and for god sakes don't flame me all you rivet counters out there....but I beleive the differences in the Hornet variations up to the E were pretty much internal. The external appearance of the bug were pretty much the same throughout the series up to the Super Hornet.

We've only got one F/A-18 model out there...don't quote me, and for god sakes don't flame me all you rivet counters out there....but I beleive the differences in the Hornet variations up to the E were pretty much internal. The external appearance of the bug were pretty much the same throughout the series up to the Super Hornet.

Ah no one is going to call you a flamer Paul.... :haha: The C has some extra antennes on it and later models C have the AIFF on the nose. You can see the differnces in between thge C and A in these pics.

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1203301/L/

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1202010/L/

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1199335/M/

AIFF is on this one.

Dude....you are lucky I just worked 12 hours and it is 6:45 in the morning....I will let that one slip.

But, in lieu of some missing antenae, I believe the current version of the bug we have will serve as a C if needed.

"We've only got one F/A-18 model out there...don't quote me, and for god sakes don't flame me all you rivet counters out there....but I beleive the differences in the Hornet variations up to the E were pretty much internal. The external appearance of the bug were pretty much the same throughout the series up to the Super Hornet."

that's what I have in mind. I tweaked the current F-18A model, to represent a C block 36 version. That is mostly just the dates and engines with a few minor tweaks to the radar for a little extra range and ground capability. Also have permission to release but I've been sitting on it while others work a much better and more accurate model. So far, it is just sitting on my C drive and over at one of the other model factories.

But it is ready to go and reasonably closely matches the configuration of VFA-22 when they were kicking the stuffing out of the Taliban. Once the better model comes out, I will be the first to ask that this "beta test" version be deleted. But I have no idea when that will be.

Your call.

Edited by Typhoid