I've got more ideas than time or ability... but if I had more of both:

Hot points for potential war:

1948 Berlin Crisis

1950-3 Korea spills over into Europe

1956 Hungarian Revolt (amplifying Gepard's version included in his terrain package)

I had been thinking about a Berlin blockade inspired conflict as well. Among a number of others.

I've been tossing around the idea of a Janes USNF/ATF homage/remake in the SF engine and started modeling a few objects, but I've had no luck finding active help, permission to use stuff, easily. Over half of what's needed is available already.

The campaigns would be

Ukraine, 1997. A military coup overthrows Yeltsin and wants to reclaim Crimean penninsula from Ukraine as the crimean itself wants to become an independant state.

Kuril Islands, 1997. Conflict with russia spills over to the kuril islands. the USMC captures several islands from the russians to gain japan's support

Egypt, 1998. Islamic radicals start a civil war in Egypt.

Russia/China, 2002. China wants to reclaim Vladivostok/ Primorsk region from the Russian Federation.

Baltics, 2008. Hardliners take over Russian government and try to reform Soviet Union

Edited by eraser_tr

I believe a early 50's campaign is coming out in the next version of NATO Fighters. Unsure though, will talk to C5.

I'm not sure I could help except as a tester, but I would sure appreciate new campaigns featuring modern aircraft in new or different theaters.

There are so many different places to fly now, Suez, Libya, Israel, Cuba, etc.